• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Simrad mount on Unertl 10X

jcf0721

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Where could I find the front top ring that has the Simrad mount for an M40A3 with a Unertl 10X.

Re: Simrad mount on Unertl 10X

They are still around, you might call CS tactical and Badger ordnance to see if they have some left. Although it is unlikely, there was a group buy on them some time ago, you migh try and look that up. Good luck.

Don't get discouraged. Like YN*Dotte said, they are still around. I got lucky and found one with the rings attached at the big Tulsa gun show earlier this month. Good luck on your search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DD918</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get discouraged. Like YN*Dotte said, they are still around. I got lucky and found one with the rings attached at the big Tulsa gun show earlier this month. Good luck on your search. </div></div>

I looked pretty hard for a M40A1 simrad cap when I was there, I must have missed it. They have so much other crap at the show some years I have trouble finding what I am actually looking for. I wish they would have a cowboy hats and pocket knives side of the show and a actual shit for people with guns side, so I could find what I was looking for. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DD918</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get discouraged. Like YN*Dotte said, they are still around. I got lucky and found one with the rings attached at the big Tulsa gun show earlier this month. Good luck on your search. </div></div>

I looked pretty hard for a M40A1 simrad cap when I was there, I must have missed it. They have so much other crap at the show some years I have trouble finding what I am actually looking for. I wish they would have a cowboy hats and pocket knives side of the show and a actual shit for people with guns side, so I could find what I was looking for. lol </div></div>

Well I dont want to burst your bubble YN*Dotte but I really got lucky and stumpled upon this original Unertl mount and Simrad mount. One of the guys that I work with found it in a trash bin that has parts in it that was left outside the armory. He went through and found it. It came the one it looks now and it also comes with the screws. I plan on at one point once I get set up and become better with the mill I want to make more Simrad mounts for the a1 and a3. Here is a pic of the a1 Simrad mount.

DSCF0291.jpg

So that's the A1 mount, with 4 screws, ok. I found the 6 screw SIMRAD with both Badger contract 30mm rings attached. Without the 1" inserts but they have a 3 digit serial number! Marty told me they were made in 2003. The guy that had them said I was the only person that has known what it was and how rare they are to find. What was even more amazing is I got it all for $100.

On the top of the mount is stamped 4949. Funny thing not too long ago there was a woodland stock that was sold here that was also marked 4949. The mount as you can see is painted tan. The simrad was also painted tan but all of it came off because there was too much rust on it and when I got done there was really no paint left on it. So Im hoping to end up with that stock someday if I can trade him for a woodland one. But yea the story of where that one was and went would be interesting. The thing that really surprised me was that it was laying with a bunch of boxes with all broken parts off of guns that was left outside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCGrunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I plan on at one point once I get set up and become better with the mill I want to make more Simrad mounts for the a1 and a3. Here is a pic of the a1 Simrad mount. </div></div>

I've been looking for an A1 cap forever... I'd be interested if you made some.

This is the set of 30mm rings and SIMRAD mount I found a few weeks ago. Just had to share with someone who cares, because my wife certainly does not share in my excitement.

SIMRAD-1.jpg

SIMRADMOUNTED-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DD918</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't get discouraged. Like YN*Dotte said, they are still around. I got lucky and found one with the rings attached at the big Tulsa gun show earlier this month. Good luck on your search. </div></div>

I looked pretty hard for a M40A1 simrad cap when I was there, I must have missed it. They have so much other crap at the show some years I have trouble finding what I am actually looking for. I wish they would have a cowboy hats and pocket knives side of the show and a actual shit for people with guns side, so I could find what I was looking for. lol </div></div>

Well I dont want to burst your bubble YN*Dotte but I really got lucky and stumpled upon this original Unertl mount and Simrad mount. One of the guys that I work with found it in a trash bin that has parts in it that was left outside the armory. He went through and found it. It came the one it looks now and it also comes with the screws. I plan on at one point once I get set up and become better with the mill I want to make more Simrad mounts for the a1 and a3. Here is a pic of the a1 Simrad mount.

DSCF0291.jpg
</div></div>

With that kind of luck you should be buying lotto tickets! Lol I love seeing the pictures BTW, it gives me a small glimmer of hope, I am looking forward to when you start milling the mounts yourself, should be very interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys have SIMRAD's or Yall spec building ?

These things are monsters. how well do thye work ?

http://www.spa-defense.com/kn253fab.htm </div></div>

I cannot speak for the others here, but mine are would be soley for spec builds. They are a cool way to complete a build and something kind of neat to look at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys have SIMRAD's or Yall spec building ?

These things are monsters. how well do thye work ?

http://www.spa-defense.com/kn253fab.htm </div></div>

It's an addiction, I have a problem, and I need help.
grin.gif
The S&B is for a spec build. Mine are just toys, no NV optic to go with it.
SB.jpg

Most of us get the simrad mounts just for the spec builds, at least I do anyway. I dont think that its realistic to get an actual Simrad NV, or that one will use it for what the purpose of having one is for, even though there is one for sale on GB right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of us get the simrad mounts just for the spec builds, at least I do anyway. I dont think that its realistic to get an actual Simrad NV, or that one will use it for what the purpose of having one is for, even though there is one for sale on GB right now. </div></div>

Agreed, it's just for looks and completeness of spec builds. But I did mount my Surefire on there just for fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

DSCF0291.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet! Now I'm the one that's jealous of you, man. Return stocks and MST-100's come and go, but finding a real Unertl mount plus simrad cap...that's just awesome.