• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Since the Vudoo mags aren't coming out in my life time, what chassis?

This was the first match (and my worst outing in 2 years) I didn't have any issues with malfunctions from mags. Every single match I drop points due to mag issues or feeding issues. I have come to the conclusion every 50 rounds or so you need to pull out the bolt and wipe it down. I did have one malfunction on the last stage of the day but luckily it was the PRS skills stage and I didn't drop a shot.

A chassis with a adjutable mag catch is almost required if you are running a vudoo IMO. Or you really need to tune the catch.
Or run a mag with an adjustable catch.

You can add shims under the Elite mag catch to take up room front to back. If you set it for your rifle you won't need a barricade block.
Front to back is not my issue.. my issue is side to side, left and right..when I load the gun and the mag goes into the bag, since it can’t move front to back it will relieve the pressure by going side to side.. When it cants this way it will try to push the bullet into the extractor slot. Are you sure your mag will fix this? If so I will buy one and try it..

Front to back is not my issue.. my issue is side to side, left and right..when I load the gun and the mag goes into the bag, since it can’t move front to back it will relieve the pressure by going side to side.. When it cants this way it will try to push the bullet into the extractor slot. Are you sure your mag will fix this? If so I will buy one and try it..
You have movement side to side? The L3I sits a little higher than the standard vudoo so it helps some but overall that movement is controlled by the channel that is cut within the bolt body.

I have an MPA chassis and a older L3i mag and it does sit a bit higher than the Vudoo mag and the 12th round sits pretty angled upward. However, they feed good so far. Time will tell. As mentioned for the Vudoo an adjustable mag release is a pretty critical item to have.

Last edited:
My new L3I came in yesterday.. I grabbed my MPA that I have had issues with in the past. I set it up and started working on tuning the mag. For me, it has to be almost all the way up..Let me admit here, that I did not have a high hopes of the mags, I had 2 friends that bought some early one, and both gave them troubles..They did call L3I and they did send stuff to fix it but it didn't work so they just gave up..Anyway, the newer version ran great in my MPA..I bet i ran about 100 rounds thru it and it worked perfect..The I decided to go outside, set up the barricade, slap a bag on the barricade, push the mag into the barricade, then run it..again it work great..That is something i have never been able to do with that gun..So to make it even worse, this time, I pushed the ever lovin F*#) out of it into the bag and i mean straight back into the magazine with all i had, and i ran about 4 mags flawlessly..So, that all being said, my hat is off to the L3I people, it worked great! If you have problems it really is work the try...I doubt that i will ever have to use the mag bar protector thing again.

When i pushed the ever lovin crap out of it, it ran good but I did shave some of the bullets off on the left hand side..It was a small amount, it wasnt even a half moon shape, just enough to build up on the face..I do not slight the mag at all, as I would never push that gun that hard in a match, meaning the mag would never be angled to that extent but most importantly is still fed..

My 2 L3I Elite mags for my 360 in KRG Xray came in a few days ago. I set up a barricade with my Schmedium heavy and rammed the magazine into the bag with full force and had no feeding issues. I even tried some offhand using the bottom of the mag as a hand rest and still no issues. And the mag still drops out freely, which does not happen with some other mags I have had to modify. Colour me impressed.

I just ordered an XLR magnesium element chassis for my Rimfire build. From my reading, I don’t think you can go wrong with an XLR, if you can stand the wait time.

Reactions: Badjujuu
I have the MPA Chassis and no loading issue at all with the plastic mags. I just tap the mag a couple of time to make sure bullet is in the proper posting nose up and shoot away.

Reactions: pballkm21
I have the MPA Chassis and no loading issue at all with the plastic mags. I just tap the mag a couple of time to make sure bullet is in the proper posting nose up and shoot away.
I have the MPA chassis too. What I am wondering if anyone else feels as though their MPA with the Vudoo mag is "sloppy". It jsut seems liek there is way to much play for the Vudoo mags in the MPA. Tons of side to side play and even some front to back play. However, it still feeds properly as long as you don't start pressing into the mag.

For comment by others with MPA chassis and Vudoo pls.

I have the MPA chassis too. What I am wondering if anyone else feels as though their MPA with the Vudoo mag is "sloppy". It jsut seems liek there is way to much play for the Vudoo mags in the MPA. Tons of side to side play and even some front to back play. However, it still feeds properly as long as you don't start pressing into the mag.

For comment by others with MPA chassis and Vudoo pls.
Yes.. exactly the same

Reactions: Precision Quest
I have multiple BA comp chassis and I actually think the magwell is smaller on those than on the ACC that I have. The vudoo poly mags are undersized so they will always fit loose, that's why the vudoo bottom metal is actually smaller than most others. Our mag we oversized so it would take some of that out but we run into issues where if someone has a vudoo bottom metal they say the Elite mag is too snug. Can't please everyone

We are sold out at the moment on our site, However one of our dealers Nedved Precision Shooting has them in stock.

i bought one mag to use with my old 40x repeater conversion. this mag is the only one i own that fits snug, has no up/down movement and feeds very well. obviously, like the voodoo, my 40x has a nice tight chamber.

I went to buy more mags from L3I but they are sold out. the Nedved suggestion was right on and i was able to purchase multiple to help replace the ones i have that i dont like right now. saved 5 cents per mag also!! the added 4 rounds per mag is also an excellent bonus.

Reactions: Mechdesigner
i bought one mag to use with my old 40x repeater conversion. this mag is the only one i own that fits snug, has no up/down movement and feeds very well. obviously, like the voodoo, my 40x has a nice tight chamber.

I went to buy more mags from L3I but they are sold out. the Nedved suggestion was right on and i was able to purchase multiple to help replace the ones i have that i dont like right now. saved 5 cents per mag also!! the added 4 rounds per mag is also an excellent bonus.

Great to hear you enjoy our mags! We now have more in stock on our website! Our true to form factor AICS mags with adjustable latch height are designed to provide the best reliability in rifles with custom chassis and stocks! We have seen excellent reliability with the new 40X action from PTG!

UPDATED FROM THREAD INPUT:

I know the MPA has an adjustable mag latch.
What other stocks / chasis have an adjustable mag catch?

Known:
MPA Comp
Envy Pro
KRG C4
KRG chassis - with adjustable trigger guard.
MDT ACC Elite

Whiskey - with extended mag catch?
What else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hardpan
I know the MPA has an adjsutable mag latch.
What other stocks / chasis have an adjsutable mag catch?

MPA Comp
Envy Pro?
Whiskey - with extende dmag catch?
What else?
KRG C4, or you can add an adjustable trigger guard to other KRG chassis

I’d be awfully surprised if the MDT ACC Elite didn’t have an adjustable catch

Updated list from member input:

Known:

MPA Comp
Envy Pro
KRG C4
KRG chassis - with adjustable mag catch trigger guard; plus extended mag catch
MDT ACC Elite
Falkor ROC

Last edited:
KRG C4, or you can add an adjustable trigger guard to other KRG chassis

I’d be awfully surprised if the MDT ACC Elite didn’t have an adjustable catch
Do you have a pic of the Bravo KRG adjustable mag catch installed? I see on the Bravo website they discuss a mag catch extender. However, I would be curious to see how adjustable it is. It looks like perhaps you just have one of two holes to adust to?thks
1696784213004.png

Do you have a pic of the Bravo KRG adjustable mag catch installed? I see on the Bravo website they discuss a mag catch extender. However, I would be curious to see how adjustable it is. It looks like perhaps you just have one of two holes to adust to?thks
View attachment 8244403
The extended mag catch has to be filed to length until you get the fit that you want. So it is a lengthy process of fitting and refitting until you get it how you want. It isn't really adjustable at all.

The adjustable trigger guard is a completely different component.

The extended mag catch has to be filed to length until you get the fit that you want. So it is a lengthy process of fitting and refitting until you get it how you want. It isn't really adjustable at all.

The adjustable trigger guard is a completely different component.
And FYI, the adjustable trigger guard ships with the extended mag catch, so you get max height as a possibility, and can lower it to the desired height.

Updated...

Updated list from member input:

Known:

MPA Comp
Envy Pro
KRG C4
KRG chassis - with adjustable mag catch trigger guard; plus extended mag catch
MDT ACC Elite
Falkor ROC