• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Sinclair F Class bipod

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
Does anyone have any idea when Sinclair is going to have their new bipod available. The website says the older models are discontinued, they do have the satin black one still in stock, but the the new model with the height-adjusting would obviously be a huge improvement.

Re: Sinclair F Class bipod

Called them today and the girl had no idea, guess I have to spend a little more this time for the bipod.

I asked back in January when the "Biggs"-style would be available and was told July.

Hopefully they are retrofitting their stock now to begin offering it. Having a fine elevation adjustment will be great, just hope they don't jack up the price too far.

I should be getting a prototype bipod from Sinclair next month that will be much lighter than the current version. We went back and forth on features so I'm not sure what exactly it will look like now. When I get it, I'll post the weight/features.

In the Spring catalog a picture of the new bipod, quick adjust elevation knob, nearly a 1lb lighter, supposedly available August 1.

Marty,

I called them today trying to order one today... the gal answering the phone had no idea what I was talking about, even though the catalog says 'Order yours today!'. The guy in tech said they weren't finalized yet.

Apparently marketing and production ain't on the same page...

Monte

I had called them before and had gotten a vague answer, luckily I told Joe to put me on the list for one of his.

I miss "old" Sinclair where everyone who answered the phone was a shooter. Time marches on.

I've been waiting for the new adjustable Sinclair as well! But the comps are about to start over in the UK and found this beast! Got it through the door today!!! It looks good and feels better and I think its a good bit lighter! (don't quote me on that bit as I ant weighed it yet) Can't wait till Saturday and Sunday to try it out in the Irish Open.

DSC00914.jpg

Ask for Bob at Sinclair, he always knows the story.
RTH

Malcky very nice, interested in its weight, good luck this weekend. I am originally from your part of the world.

Hmm, also interested in its weight, whats it made from?

Just weighed it, 32oz on the kitchen scales! I emailed the guy at 308 Precision and he said his web page will be up in a week or so!

I asked back in December and they told me February or so, so I wouldn't believe what they say.

I have found no improvement with a Sinclair's over a Harris anyway, but the ability to have micro adjustments up front and keep a full firm rear bag might be nice.

Malcky,

Tell him he should bring a couple to the match... they might sell
wink.gif

Some of us collect the dang things...
whistle.gif

Monte

Somebody pointed out that the advertising in the Sinclair Int'l flyer might be a tad misleading... when it said almost a pound lighter than the first generation, I though that meant the new ones would be around 1.5lbs. Didn't really see how that'd be possible as the pic didn't *look* like it'd been swiss-cheesed... then it was pointed out to me that the one I was thinking of was the *second* generation. The first generation was the big clunky ones with the threaded rod spreading the legs, and weighed 3.5-4lbs. 'Nearly a pound' lighter than that monster ain't all that impressive...

It is in the same ball park as the rest of the big rests. £200/£240 ish dipending on what finish you want, I've got the polished alloy one but you can get matt black, and matt silver. I think if you are interested and can get an order in he might be able to do a wee bit on that price as well. As for not shooting any better I don't know yet but I've got a Harris and the Atlas V8 and nither feel like this thing, theres day and nite difference in stibility, so that bound to help me hit V's!!!

Monte, after looking at the picture of the supposedly 3rd generation bipod I was hoping it was going to weight a great deal less than 36 ounces.

All-

There will be two versions offered for the Sinclair bipod. A mid August availability is currently being projected. The non elevation model will be 1.5 pounds and the elevation ajustable model will be 1.8 pounds. These are computer estimates from drawings. I hope this clears up all questions on the bipod.

Jeff Rorer
Team Sinclair

I'm not sure if they have been set yet, but I would expect about $300, but that is a pure guess with nothing to back it up. It may be $200 or it may be $400.

Jeff, thankss for the update, thats almost 10 ounces lighter quite an improvement I think.

On the legs will be etched markings for easy return to a specific height as well.

Am I considering switching? Maybe. We'll see when I have the prototype in my hands. I currently use the CenShot model and it weighs 1.25 pounds, has easy elevation adjustment, and will cant.

Jeff, do you know when you will be getting your prototype? I would like to meet you at Mr. Edwards range and take a look at it when you get it.
Thanks
Ritchie

Just got off the phone with Sinclair... still no part number, no price, and no firm date for when it will be available.

Got an email from John Weil yesterday, they are building some more, on the list for one of his, will go that way especially since they came down in price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got an email from John Weil yesterday, they are building some more, on the list for one of his, will go that way especially since they came down in price. </div></div>

Wow, had no idea the Cen-Shot went down to $300 from $450. At that price I'm getting that over the Sinclair (new or old model). Also put myself on the waiting list for one.

They are going out as quick as we can make them.

Directly from Sinclair...

"We’ve begun the manufacturing process with the bipods just this past week. The retail pricing will be $249.99 for the elevation adjust version, and $199.99 for the non-elevation version (same as previous price). We were originally shooting for August 1st but we’re at least a full month behind with the production quote process taking much longer than anticipated. I think October 1st is a more realistic date for availability. If we have them finished a week or two before this, it will be a surprise for those waiting."

Still shooting for October 1st with the possibility of having them done a little. I haven't received any updates since my last post.

Got a phone message from Phil @ Sinclair a week or so ago... said they are now accepting back-orders, should be shipping the beginning to middle of September.

Has anyone used sinclairs new bipod??????
what are your thoughts about it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocky Mountain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone used sinclairs new bipod??????
what are your thoughts about it? </div></div>

As of now we are all pre-ordering, they are not on the street yet. I'm sure there are are some people who have tested them but I haven't seen anyone posting it.

I think this model may be based on one Danny Biggs was shooting last year but I won't swear to it. I think there is an article about it over on Accurateshooter.com