• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sinclair Priming tool...anyone using????? Have a q

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Not sure I set mine up correctly. Should the "primer cup" where you place the primer, stick up a liitle and give with the spring? Do you have to "work" the cartridge into the holder, or should it slip right in?

Re: Sinclair Priming tool...anyone using????? Have a q

I have been using the Sinclair tool for a couple of years now.The cup that holds the primer should be flush with the shellholder and the case should slip right it.Hope this helps, Pete

Thanks Pete, that's what I thought. I guess when all else fails, read the directions

Actually, not just Lee - Lee<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"> auto</span></span> shell holders.

On some of the Lee shell holders, you might need to file off burrs, or little bits of machining junk. When that is done, as mentioned above, the shell holder and the cup that holds the primer should be even. The Sinclair tools is great. I like this tool a lot. It gives me better feel than on the press. IMO, it is much higher quality than the others. It will last your lifetime and maybe more.

Cheers,

Mike

I just finished priming some brass. I think I got it figured out. It is MUCH better than my RCBS hand tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just finished priming some brass. I think I got it figured out. It is MUCH better than my RCBS hand tool. </div></div> Yap, I really like mine.

Dont have their primer seater (dammit) but so far everything else they make has been first rate.