• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single Feed

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Just curious if anyone knows of a company making a single feed AI Mag conversion.

I know i can just use my existing mag, but it would be nice to not have a mag to lock my bolt open all the time. I'd like to have a mag that I can just pop in and go single feed in my 338. My rounds can be a little long for the standard mag.

Or is there any company that sells cheap AI type mags that I can destroy trying to make something that would work?

Also wouldn't mind having it flush with the bottom metal too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Deano

An extra mag, some brass spacers and a bit of solder (silver solder is better) would do the trick..........convertable back when you get bored.

The brass spacers hold the bottom of the cartrige push platform off the closing bolt.

The Bob Sleds have been around for service rifles for some time now. I don't know when they started making the AI model but had asked them about it years ago when I was contemplating a Tactical/Highpower rifle. They didn't make one for the AI back then.

Something to try may be a coin - either a dime or a nickel. I can't say specifically if it'll work in your application, but it's worked in other rifles I've tried.