• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Single shot custom action recommendation

mefizto

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2014
Greetings all,

could you recommend a reasonably priced (~$900) single shot action with .223 bolt face? I am not opposed to look at used market.

Kindest regards,

M

Greetings all,

could you recommend a reasonably priced (~$900) single shot action with .223 bolt face? I am not opposed to look at used market.

Kindest regards,

M

How strongly do you care about true single shot vs repeater with sled? If the former, look for a used Kelbly or a Borden - new will be a touch over $1000 either way.

Hi gnochi,

strongly. Thank you for the suggestion.

Kindest regards,

M

You should be able to get a Stiller in that price range. Since single shots are usually for competition and are not Tactical the Accurate Shooter forum and for sale section may have more to offer than the hide.

You can get a brand new Rem 700 receiver for ~$400 that has no mag well cutout and comes with a .223 bolt face. Last time I looked Zanders wholesale had them in stock.

But I know the feeling of wanting a really nice custom instead. The heart wants what it wants. I cannot think of any custom receiver company that offers a brand new action in that configuration for that price.

I'd check with all the big names from the benchrest world. BAT, Borden, etc...

Barnard or 3 lug BAT. Barnard comes with a pretty good trigger. The BAT allows for an Anschutz trigger to be used. Many of the Palma team uses one or the other now.

Last edited:
Greetings,

thank you all for the recommendations.

Hi oldfart80,

I do not understand how a custom action implies a pre-fit barrel. Could you please clarify?

Hi Xcount,

the use of Anschutz trigger is an interesting feature. Is here a more detailed reference somewhere?

Kindest regards,

M