• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Single shot follower for TRG-22?

Re: Single shot follower for TRG-22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lakeway</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone make this? I did an internet search and came up dry. </div></div>

Why would you need one with a TRG? Just leave the magazine in and single feed through the ejection port.. rock solid and perfectly functional

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mag is a single shot follower. Just throw the round in, pointy end foward, and lock her up.</div></div>

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The bullet metplat will jam if not fed up through the magazine. Loading single shot with the standard mag means working the metplat into the actual chamber before closing the bolt. The port on the TRG-22 is pretty small and it takes some manipulation to do this. It certainly can be done, but is a bit time consuming and hard to do without losing your shooting position.

I have only had mine a few days. The first twenty rounds I loaded through the magazine. The next 40 rounds I single loaded SW 139 Scenars by just throwing in a round through the ejection port. I had no trouble closing the bolt nor did I pay any attention to bullet/chamber alignment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lakeway</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mag is a single shot follower. Just throw the round in, pointy end foward, and lock her up.</div></div>

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. The bullet metplat will jam if not fed up through the magazine. Loading single shot with the standard mag means working the metplat into the actual chamber before closing the bolt. The port on the TRG-22 is pretty small and it takes some manipulation to do this. It certainly can be done, but is a bit time consuming and hard to do without losing your shooting position. </div></div>

sorry, I don't understand this or agree for that matter... in matches in the UK we rarely have anyything exciting enough to warrant loading a mag up and feeding from it. I ALWAYS single feed using the mag as a shot follower in my TRG... they slide into the chamber smoother than a greased up thermometer into a baby's bum!!! There are 6 TRG drivers in my club, we all single load the same way and never have any issues..

There is either something wrong with your rifle, your magazine, your ammo or a combination of all 3!

Yea man just toss her in and jam that MFer home. But just out of curiosity what caliber and bullet are you using that dosent allow this?

I'm running a TRG42 338LM and have absolutely no issue single feeding. Maybe th OP can post photos or video of the issue I'm really curiouse

Went through several schools and regular drills feeding singles in my TRG22. Never had a single issue using the magazine as a single shot follower.

I tend to try and 'snick' the round forward at least somewhat into the chamber, rather than just roll it on top of the mag. But it works both ways.

Never had a single issue feeding in rounds for single shot.

Cheers, Sirhr.

Ok, here is an udate. I shot my TRG today for the first time. It is one of the new Euro Optic 260s. I was using 123 Scenars loaded to 2.890 COL (.010 off the lands). Most of the time it would single load smoothly, but occassionally the round needed to be manually directed into the chamber. Not a big deal, but I can't just drop a round in and slam the bolt shut without the possibility of the metplat lodging against the receiver just below the chamber opening. Maybe it has something to do with the shape of that particular bullet?