• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sixth HardRock Match on 7/24/10

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The sixth HR match of the 2010 series will be held on Saturday, July 24th. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, July 23rd. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. The seventh and final match of the season will be on August 21st.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: Sixth HardRock Match on 7/24/10

Sign me up on the 1st relay for the 223 and separate my 308 and open class participation by at least one relay please.

Thanks!
Ed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sign me up on the 1st relay for the 223 and separate my 308 and open class participation by at least one relay please.

Thanks!
Ed </div></div>

no
you will shoot all three rifles on one relay (the last one), in 15 minutes.

Ed you may not be able to beat Gump, but I personally think you are up to Bill's challenge. LOL! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Baker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say What? </div></div>

OK, you set up three rifles on three benches, every other bench with a shooter on the benches between your three.
Then you shoot one rifle, 20 rounds in 4.75 minutes, you have .25 minutes to get to bench 2, where you shoot rifle 2/20 rounds in 4.75 minutes, then .25 minutes to move to bench 3 where you shoot rifle 3/20 rounds in 5 minutes, THEN you have the remaining 5 minutes to remove your gear from the tables and get on the truck.

Gump will be the other shooter(s) in this relay with his three rifles on the other three tables.

NOW, when you two are moving between tables in your .25 minute, there can be no tripping, pushing, or shoving to get an unfair advantage over the other one.

Say WHAT????

Uh....no thanks! I'll participate in the standard relays.

Just when you think the heat and mirage make it tuff,....Huskey turns it up a notch!

See ya Saturday morning.

It could be done. I've seen Huskey shoot 2 rifles in one relay and that was after he had driven down to check/score targets. That was the day when he also placed or took top score in one (I think), at least he was in top 3.

It would be interesting to see the scramble
smile.gif

Hey yall better not try to pull any of this on Chief, this will send him over the edge. Its all he can do to get his own 20 down range and wonder what Gump is doing behind his back!

Anyone want some Hodgdons H4350 powder 1 ilb. I purchased it and cant use it in any of my loads. Id take 15 bucks for it at Hardrock. Let me know if you can use it. It has never been opened.

Or Id trade it for soem varget or IMR 4064

Well guys it's been fun, but as of today my shooting with others is over. Problems the Doc found late today steming from May, will prevent being around unsuppressed gunfire unless I want the problem to get worse.

Really enjoyed all the times down there, everyone be safe.

Kenneth

I hate to hear that Gunfighter. Hardrock won't be the same without you. We'll keep you in our prayers and hopefully see you at the gunshow every now and then.

Hardrock staff is now off the computer until after the match.

Good day,

I'm off the computer on Thursday, since Friday is practice day. Since today is Saturday and I have email access, I sent the match results about 1645 EDT.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who came by and enjoyed the warmth and the wind today. Even more thanks to those who brought and helped set up the tents.

Have fun and Congratulations to the winners,
DocB

Family stuff kept me away today. I hope to be there for the August match. Congrats to the winners. Some pretty decent scores today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well guys it's been fun, but as of today my shooting with others is over. Problems the Doc found late today steming from May, will prevent being around unsuppressed gunfire unless I want the problem to get worse.

Really enjoyed all the times down there, everyone be safe.

Kenneth </div></div>

Well that ain't worth a shit...

I'll come up and shoot with ya Ken... I have a muffler I can bring.

I know some people I'd like to use as mufflers ... shove the barrel down their throat, hell maybe shove up. Either way... Ken I'd even go to the trouble of getting a can just so I can shoot & chat with you more !!

Congrats to the winners! Missed seeing u Ken. Hopefully its just a temporary condition and time will heal the injury. Thanks to B. Huskey and B. Ellington for the assistance on the L/R shooting.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The long term defining answer comes next Friday after they do some kind of specialty test. Not looking forward to that as they say it's about a 3-4 hr deal.

Balance is better but still not as good, as prior to. Oh well life goes on and it's about time to slow down anyway. One good thing is I'm much better at reading lips now, but really miss hearing the Grandson say his prayers.

Per the Audiologist Doc no more rec. shooting for 7-8 months mim.