• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SKEETIR -L-X

hardknock

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2022
NE
I've been looking for SKEETIR-L/ SKEETIR-X footage, pictures and comparisons before I pull the trigger. Its been years since I've had my hands on one and know the specs of the newer L and X, but would like to see more in-use media if anybody has some. What is an expected realistic engagement range when used with a LPVO?

I’m not sure about the X model, but the L starts looking pretty bad past 1.5x-2x with an lpvo. Neither model is collimated, so you need to rezero with the skeet attached. My elevation zero doesn’t change, but my windage is 9 clicks to the right. I just wrote “+9” under the windage turret cap to remind me when I take the skeet on and off.

Reactions: TheHorta
Skeet-X is similar. Good from 1-3x optical scope magnification, no more. Detects a long way — about 1Km — but practical engagement maxes out at 200-300 yards. Skeets are really more of an “afterthought” clip-on.

The Skeet-X is actually very good regarding collimation. Using the eyepiece adjustment, you can get it to MOA POI shift, which is perfect for anything you’re going to engage with it.

If weapon-mounting — either as a dedicated scope or as a clip-on — is a primary intended use, you would be FAR better suited by the Voodoo-S. For helmet mounting the Skeet is still the undisputed King of All Thermals Ever Made(!) but the Voodoo-S owns the Skeet when it comes to sticking it on a weapon.

Reactions: hardknock
Yea I second what 13willak said on the L. Not very usable past 2x magnification. For close up helmet mounted use it’s great. Kind of wish I’d held on to mine and bridged with a pvs14.

Reactions: TheHorta
Great, thanks fellas. Now looking between the Clip-IR and the Voodoo-S.

this guy has a pretty cool channel. Clip-lr looks pretty awesome in this video. Don't think theres a head to head comparison between the Clip-lr and voodoo yet but he has multiple videos with the voodoo.

ClipIR and Voodoo-S are VASTLY different units. The ClipIR is a unitasker — it is designed to do one thing, and one thing only — be used as a clipon in front of a day optic.

The Voodoo is designed to do EVERYTHING — helmet mount, handheld scanner, dedicated weapon thermal, clipon, and so on. It does all of them exceptionally well, but it’s not designed as a clipon, so any good dedicated clipon should outperform it in that specific task.