• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SkeetIR-L POI shift

taisenki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Hey guys, I tried shooting with my skeetIR-L using the Unity skeet mount and wasn’t able to get impacts onto an A-zone sized steel at 100yd during a recent day trip at the range. For context, I was using a 1-8x ATACR at 1x magnification. The LPVO itself was confirmed to be zeroed with the match ammo I shoot out of it beforehand.

Once the skeet was in front of the optic, I ceased being able to get impacts despite seeing the target fine enough. I even tried coaligning the onboard skeet reticle with my ATACR’s crosshair and that did not seem to make the problem any better.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m wondering if I'll have to find and note independent zero with the skeet unit or not. I don’t mind doing so if that is the remedy. Sorry if this was an obvious solution. Thank you guys in advance!

Could be parallax,

Zoom into 8x and start adjusting the Skeet ocular, wiggling your head around until it doesn't move relative to the pixel blocks or Skeet cross hairs,

but I'd still expect POA/POI differences when using the Skeet in practice, especially if you actually FTS the FTS mount.

Last edited:
Could be parallax,

Zoom into 8x and start adjusting the Skeet ocular, wiggling your head around until it doesn't move relative to the pixel blocks or Skeet cross hairs,

but I'd still expect POA/POI differences when using the Skeet in practice, especially if you actually FTS the FTS mount.
I gave that a try and I’m still getting similar results- not sure what’s the cause of it at this point.

did you end up figuring this out? i have a skeet L on the way and im going to be putting it infront of my 1-8 atacr which obviously doesnt have a manual paralax adjustment so im not really sure what to expect.

did you end up figuring this out? i have a skeet L on the way and im going to be putting it infront of my 1-8 atacr which obviously doesnt have a manual paralax adjustment so im not really sure what to expect.
Mine was a turd and completely unusable. I got rid of the thing.

ahh damn that sucks, what exactly is the process of collimating or whatever its called, i had a pvs27 but that only required diialing on an impact shift, is there something else im supposed to do to the skeet to make it work in conjunction with a day optic?

I followed what I was told was the process to collimate it, and it was like 15mils low and 10mils to the right.

ahh damn that sucks, what exactly is the process of collimating or whatever its called, i had a pvs27 but that only required diialing on an impact shift, is there something else im supposed to do to the skeet to make it work in conjunction with a day optic?
Second comment in this thread.