• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SKid Plates in stock!

Shibumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2004
Las Vegas
A run of Coyote Brown and OD Green Skid Plates have just finished and are available right now. I would get them while you can.

Phil

Re: SKid Plates in stock!

Phil, is it the A5 that works with the Accuracy International AW chassis?

Thanks,

Dusty

A3 work with gas guns then? And are these in stock?

Phil, I've been waiting for these and I just went to place an order... that is until I got to the shipping prices:

The cheapest you can ship me a $31 skid plate is $16.00?!! Seriously??!!

Thanks, great product, but no thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phil, I've been waiting for these and I just went to place an order... that is until I got to the shipping prices:

The cheapest you can ship me a $31 skid plate is $16.00?!! Seriously??!!

Thanks, great product, but no thanks. </div></div>

I went out on that deal as well...

As far as shipping, this is the first I have even heard of it. Have you tried calling them direct? I have never heard of shipping that high! I would not buy it either at that rate.
USTacticalsupply.com does carry them and they have always been great with customer service and shipping costs. I would take a look at what they have.
As far as a gas gun, I would recommend the A-5. I have the GA Precision AR-10, and the A-5 covers the rail circumference perfectly! The A-3 is meant for Remington LRT type slim stocks.

Do you think either of these would fit the handguard of the XLR chassis? The OD is 1.75".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so I'm ignorant . . . but what is a "skid plate"? </div></div>

I'm not exactly sure(never used one) but I'll take a guess. Some guys use them to protect the forearm of their rifles during barricade shooting. It also looks like it could aid in the <span style="font-style: italic">griptian </span>, of said rifle, during such shooting(like a slippery window sill etc.).

I use skid plates on my truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as shipping, this is the first I have even heard of it. Have you tried calling them direct? I have never heard of shipping that high! I would not buy it either at that rate.
USTacticalsupply.com does carry them and they have always been great with customer service and shipping costs. I would take a look at what they have.
</div></div>

I confused, first you tell us to buy them as they are in stock and then tell us <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> to buy them because of the high shipping cost from you
crazy.gif

Ok....Here are the answers to the following questions.

1-What is a Skidplate?
The SSP, Sniper Skid Plate was designed to take the place of a bean bag or soft rest when shooting off a barricade position. When you shoot a rifle off a wall for example, the recoil physics will cause it to "bounce" and throw off the shot and/or follow through. When you attach the SSP to the forestock of your rifle, it does several things.
A)Intermediate barrier between rifle stock and barricade.
B)Soft handgrip which removes heart beat from reticle.
C)Provides sling point to suspend rifle in urban hide.
D)Protects your stock from scratches, etc.
E)Provides excellent grip on foreend of rifle for carrying, etc.

2. USTacticalsupply.com is a distributor of many fine products, and the SSP is one of many. They have excellent customer service and can provide many services which SOTECH may not be able to do.
3. I will most likely make zero money on this, but there is a demand, and requests were made, so I had a batch made to satisfy the demand of the shooters. There is also the priciple that if there is a demand and you don't satisfy it, someone else will. There was already a comment made in a SSP thread that another party was saying to be on the look out for his version.
Ultimately if you do not provide, someone else will try and capitalize.
Hence, they are now available. I do not control shipping costs, etc. so I was simply saying get it from X if Y does not work for you.
I am NOT the business owner, just the guy who invented it and knows others can benefit from it. YMMV.

Although Triad is an awesome dealer, I do not believe he carries this item.