• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Skinny On The FNH TSR In .223?

Leafy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
My local gun shop has a FNH TSR in .223 that I'm considering. Anybody have any experience with one? I did a search and came up empty. I'm not crazy about the Hogue stock but I like the canted optic rail and steel trigger/floorplate assembly. It has a 1 in 9 twist so it should be good to go with the 75 and 77 gr ammunition I use in my ARs. I'd most likely top it with a 6.5 - 20 Nikon Monarch I have laying around. I'd mainly be using it as an less expensive alternative to my .308s at 300 yds and under (although I might try it at a 600 yd F class match for kicks). It would also make a better rifle for walking with for varmints or a companion to an AR in a SHTF scenario. I already have an early 90s Rem 700P and a custom built 700 with a Rock 5R in a McMillan Stock both topped with higher end glass, both in .308, so Im not looking for a "heavy" rifle. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Skinny On The FNH TSR In .223?

I havent shot any of the new TSR's but I do have a older SPR and have shot several of them. They all shoot pretty good so I would imagine the new ones will too.

I like em! For all the reasons you list. How much are they asking for them?

I don't recall exactly. It was mid to upper $7s, $789 maybe? I'll be stopping by to look at it again tomorrow and will check. They also had the .308 on the rack.