• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLAP round question

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I seen some .308win SLAP rounds at a local gunshow. They looked legit but who knows. I was wondering, if i purchase a box of these would i be able to pull the bullets and reload them for my .300WM?

Kind of a sketchy thing to do and i would be kinda nervous shooting these if i myself reloaded them for my .300WM plus i would want to damage anything on the rifle.

Is this possible?

Re: SLAP round question

The sabot might try to fall away from the penetrator. If you can get it to stay on then I don't see why not. IIRC they were meant to be used in hot machinegun barrels so don't think the sabot would damage anything. Probably have to use a faster than normal powder at a reduced charge. Maybe need filler. I'm interested in this as well.

Re: SLAP round question

I have seen this advertised for several years now, with mixed reviews: http://www.eabco.com/reload02.html
My buddy had some 30-06 accelerator ammo years ago that remmington used to make and the stuff was not accurate at all, >4 MOA as I recall. This was well before my reloading days and I didn't have a chrono at the time.
Accuracy aside, I would also be concerned about how the plastic/polymer sabot would foul my barrel at ~5000 fps using the 300WM load data on that website.
If you give them a try, please post a review.
Lastly, you can't use them if you have a muzzle device or suppressor.