• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLAP ROUNDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldboreAU

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2022
Austria
Hey guys, I have some questions about SLAP rounds. How many different types/versions of the m903 exist?

Here are some pictures.
20221129_002820.jpg

20221129_002806.jpg

20221128_040650.jpg

I suspect, threads are better to create enough grip between the bullet and the sabot. Is the version with threads on the core of the bullet better than the version that has a groove in the bullet base?
Is the core with threads original at all?

And by the way, does anyone here know exactly what material the sabot is made of? Is there a source where I can find out the exact dimensions of the sabot, accurate enough to rebuild it?
Edit: Rebuild the sabot, not the core

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
Sorry dude, ITAR n shit.

International Traffic in Arms Regulations...LOL , yes I know. English is my second language. So just to be crystal clear. Rebuilding an original m903 is probably illegal in 99% of all countries. But learning new things about this wonderful cartridge is probably not.
And as long as you, i , or whoever
only rebuild the sabot of the m903 to use as room decoration, that is not illegal. It's just a piece of plastic.

And now please serious advice.

yea illegal stuff is always the most fun stuff to do at least till you get caught lol jail sucks and so will you in jail .

yea illegal stuff is always the most fun stuff to do at least till you get caught lol jail sucks and so will you in jail .
What the hell is illegal about that? In Europe I can cook, turn, cast and build any shit out of plastic. It would only be illegal if I would make tungsten cores...I have no plans to do that.

Back to the real question: is the m903 with the thread an original and is the purpose of the threads on the core to create more grip between the core and the sabot for better spin/twist transmission?

Man, you've got two threads going at the same time, both about fundamentally the same subject matter. And wouldn't you know it, noones gonna answer you, because "SURPRISE", you're asking about protected, sensitive information. You wanna reverse engineer a discarding sabot round, be my guest. The interwebs are full of info for you, and there's absolutely no way the Federales are gonna end up knocking on your door, asking questions. And if you insist on going down that rabbit hole, build yourself a force diagram, and try to imagine which features will have which effects based on which forces. And then do nothing with that information if you like your dog. Constructive intent is the rope they'll use to hang you.

Reactions: Badjujuu
He's from Austria.
ATF/FBI whoever would have to be a good shot to hit his dog from the States.
Based on what we saw in Austria over the last year or two... dealing with OUR jackboots would be a step up.

Mike

In this case, sharing of some of that info is a definite no, whether it's publicly available through other channels or not. Some of that is big money fines and prison time.

Saying fuck the ATF is still protected, though the DoS would be the ones administrating ITAR. Fuck them too though.

It's my guess that you can buy all the SLAP rounds you want from those black market guys in Ukraine or Afghanistan..... all straight from the US of A.

there are a bunch of places that sell the sabot/plastic, it changed 100 times over the last 40 years

spanning from a hard brittle plastic to a more pliable rubbery plastic material

accuracy will suck, no matter which

penetration will not be expected as you cannot easily make the tungsten penetrator

sabot high velocity is the holy grail as its free velocity, but noting is consistent enough for single shot accuracy out of a many portable system

belt fed beaten zone is a different story.. but that department of defense size budget dollars

i was looking into smooth bore barrels and sabot HP rounds before the shit hit the fan

Reactions: coldboreAU
I couldn't care less about ATF and ITAR.... I see it like this, I have the RIGHT to ask what I want! No one can take that right away from me. If any authority has a problem with that, hey feel free to visit me any time. I think I will expand my research but not here.

It's my guess that you can buy all the SLAP rounds you want from those black market guys in Ukraine or Afghanistan..... all straight from the US of A.
Yes I know but I prefer the legal way. Black market = ilegal = prison. That's why im talking about the sabot, not how make tungsten cores.
I am more surprised how in the USA companies like Atlas Arms manufacture and sell copper byrelium bullets including sabot legally. Legal armor piercing ammo, no joke. Probably some loophole in the law.
Atlas Arms dagny dagger, just watch his twitter and YouTube chanel. First it was special alloys cores and now he got 5000 beryllium copper bullet cores, centerless grounded.

@brianf Thank's😉 I write to you..

Man, you've got two threads going at the same time, both about fundamentally the same subject matter. And wouldn't you know it, noones gonna answer you, because "SURPRISE", you're asking about protected, sensitive information. You wanna reverse engineer a discarding sabot round, be my guest. The interwebs are full of info for you, and there's absolutely no way the Federales are gonna end up knocking on your door, asking questions. And if you insist on going down that rabbit hole, build yourself a force diagram, and try to imagine which features will have which effects based on which forces. And then do nothing with that information if you like your dog. Constructive intent is the rope they'll use to hang you.

I have asked companies far more spicy questions and even received an answer. But I have never used information to do anything illegal, no authority has ever knocked on my door and this will not change in the future.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about ATF and ITAR.... I see it like this, I have the RIGHT to ask what I want! No one can take that right away from me. If any authority has a problem with that, hey feel free to visit me any time. I think I will expand my research but not here.

Yes I know but I prefer the legal way. Black market = ilegal = prison. That's why im talking about the sabot, not how make tungsten cores.
I am more surprised how in the USA companies like Atlas Arms manufacture and sell copper byrelium bullets including sabot legally. Legal armor piercing ammo, no joke. Probably some loophole in the law.
Atlas Arms dagny dagger, just watch his twitter and YouTube chanel. First it was special alloys cores and now he got 5000 beryllium copper bullet cores, centerless grounded.

I have asked companies far more spicy questions and even received an answer. But I have never used information to do anything illegal, no authority has ever knocked on my door and this will not change in the future.
Relevant thread posted today. I suggest you read it.
Snipershide and ITAR technical data

And we have a right to ban your ass. I was polite the first time. Cease asking about ITAR controlled items on a US website. Now. Or you will be gone. Consider this your last warning.

Reactions: nn8734
Status
Not open for further replies.