• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK244???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldboreAU

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2022
Austria
Hey guys, I've recently been looking into special 20mm ammo and I saw some pictures where a few questions came to my mind.

First of all, look at the picture down below. I don't see any GROOVES or THREADS on the bottom of the tungsten core. So, there is a lot of torque when the bullet, including the sabot, engages the rifling. How is the spin/twist transferred to the tungsten core??? What prevents the sabot from rotating around the core? The little bit of friction (see picture) is hardly enough to transfer the twist/spin to the core. Without spin transfer, the tungsten core will fly like a tumbling banana after exiting the muzzle.

20221120_015446.jpg

Please serious answers, I want to learn and find out how it works. Thank's.

ITAR USML

Category II - Guns and Armament​

(a) Guns and armament greater than .50 caliber (12.7 mm), as follows:

* (1) Guns, howitzers, artillery, and cannons;

* (2) Mortars;

* (3) Recoilless rifles;

* (4) Grenade launchers; or

(5) Developmental guns and armament greater than .50 caliber (12.7 mm) funded by the Department of Defense and specially designed parts and components therefor.

STOP ASKING ITAR related questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.