• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Slash's Heavy Buffers?

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
Any one using one of slash's heavy buffer? Particularity the AR10R-XH. I was at the range the other day and a guy recommended it to me for an AR-10 build I am doing. I want to run it suppressed most of the time and he said the extra weight would help (10oz). Is it worth the money?

Re: Slash's Heavy Buffers?

Yes and YES!!!

If you are going to run an AR suppressed (especially any AR-10 variant) I highly recommend Slash's XH AR-10 buffers (carbine or rifle depending on your particular setup). The XH CAR-10 buffers are only 6.5oz, but the Rifle AR-10 XH buffers go to 10oz. If you are running full-power loads through your rifle, it will save a lot of wear/tear on the rifle, keep you from running through bolt catches and will just lead to a rifle that cycles better than the lighter factory counterparts.

I just got one...works as advirtised...nice stainless steel body...looks like it will last forever.

I never understood why people make buffers to spec length...if they made em a couple milimeters longer you can shorten the overtravel length alittle so u have less distance to slam into the bolt release...hence the TUBB CWS comes in.

So this could fix my LR in 7mm08 runs OK no CAN and Catches a empty side ways some of the time with one half in the pipe when I run the Can?
imageibq.jpg

By asm1 at 2010-11-06

try it....could help...how many rounds do you run it after cleaning when you get the malfunction?.....Also..make sure your extractor and ejector is clean and up to snuff...which could cause that problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">savvy the tubb spring...the flat wire chrome one. </div></div>

That's what I run in my AR10
wink.gif

CWS_6246_large.jpg

I have the Tubb CWS, Tubb flat wire buffer spring, and 10oz Slash buffer. I am able to shoot 47 grs of Varget and 155 Scenars. I am running suppressed and I see no pressure signs. Bolt locks back every time I run dry.

Can anyone tell me how I can get a hold of/find "Slash" If I recall correctly, this is the cat who has been working on just the right buffer for the 6.5 Grendel. I was reading a post about them a few weeks back in the Grendel forum, and left a post asking a question.

In the meantime, I think the site has crashed and I don't know how to find him.

Thanks for any help,

-Pat

Just got my heavy buffer and spring. Looks like a good quality product. Cant wait to try it out.

Also I got a combo flashlight/rape whistle as a bonus.
grin.gif

I sent Clint an email yesterday concerning a buffer and spring combo for any of you Grendel guys out there who are interested, and here's what he had to say.

"For Grendels I recommend my HSS Tungsten Buffer – 6.5 ounces, and a Wolff XP Buffer spring. A standard carbine buffer is way too light in my opinion."

The guy was quick to reply and supplied a complete answer including prices, shipping, etc.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ninja Pirtle,

That woman gets me every time </div></div>

She looks like a woman I used to date... but with considerably larger chest

Okay I'm curious... advantages with the flat spring are?

Hi guys. Sorry I don't have time to check in here as often as I should.

A few thoughts -
My standard AR10R-XH buffer is 10 ounces. I can also make them heavier by special order. Up to about 14-15 ounces. I don't recommend going heavier than 10 ounces unless you are running a can, hot loads or non-.308 rig. Delivery time is about ten days, and cost varies with finished weight.

I highly recommend using factory ArmaLite AR10 buffer springs. My testing has consistently shown that these are the best, most durable springs available for .308 ARs. I've tried talking Wolff into producing .308 buffer springs, but to no avail.

Hopefully this information is helpful. If anyone has questions please contact me at [email protected]

Don't forget to check out the website < www.heavybuffers.com > I recently added online ordering via Google Checkout for your convenience and security.

MWS uses the same buffers as an AR10, as do most other .308s on the market. The only exceptions are the early Bushmaster (RRA-designed) and current RRA models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ninja Pirtle,

She looks like a woman I used to date... but with considerably larger chest </div></div>

That is what implants are for

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ninja Pirtle,

She looks like a woman I used to date... but with considerably larger chest</div></div>

that's what breast implants are for.