• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling for PRS Rifle

Mk32784

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2017
Hello all,

Figure I poke the hide mind on this. I am looking for a sling hump my PRS rifle (17lbs) comfortably for a 2-4 mile field match.
Plus something that can help shooting off hand + tripod would be nice.

Suggestions/thoughts?

I've been really happy with my Armageddon Gear PR sling. The newer flat-bungee model is really comfortable, and works well for shooting slung up.

Reactions: CShooter92
I would opt for either the armageddon gear sling or rifles only bungee sling. Both have shock tubing on them but the AG will give you a lot of initial play .

I really like my SAP sling. Makes it nice to carry my 23 lbs rifle and helps with the off hand shots.

Hello all,

Figure I poke the hide mind on this. I am looking for a sling hump my PRS rifle (17lbs) comfortably for a 2-4 mile field match.

Suggestions/thoughts?

Tripod/PRS.. you will be WAY better off staying away from a tripod that needs a sling to shoot well. The time you have isn't much and dealing with a tripod already takes a bit extra... adding in a sling and your really asking for a hard time.

Get a good tripod that can shoot about as good as you might off a bench and call it a day.. RRS and Feisol comes to mind.

Edited to add: Are you considering our field match? 2-4 miles is exactly how ours can shake out depending on the draw and it is up and down small hills.

My 2 cents, do not over complicate the sling. For our match, it is muzzle up. With long barrels is better than dragging the long match type barrel in the weeds on the side of a hill and patrol or suitcase is a no go. Whatever the case, test it first, you do not want the adjustment buckles to ride on your shoulder all day. Agreed, the RO is one of my favs.

Tip: toss your pack on before fitting the sling. If it is a long hike having something on the packs shoulder harness that the sling lifts and slides over is super helpful in keeping the sling from wanting to slide off. In my case I have a Kestrel case attached to my shoulder strap. I bring the sling over it and it acts like a hand holding the sling in place. You can also use the chest strap etc. This type of thing can leave both hands free as you hike and let you rest your arms.

Last edited:
Tripod/PRS.. you will be WAY better off staying away from a tripod that needs a sling to shoot well. The time you have isn't much and dealing with a tripod already takes a bit extra... adding in a sling and your really asking for a hard time.

Get a good tripod that can shoot about as good as you might off a bench and call it a day.. RRS and Feisol comes to mind.

Edited to add: Are you considering our field match? 2-4 miles is exactly how ours can shake out depending on the draw and it is up and down small hills.

My 2 cents, do not over complicate the sling. For our match, it is muzzle up. With long barrels is better than dragging the long match type barrel in the weeds on the side of a hill and patrol or suitcase is a no go. Whatever the case, test it first, you do not want the adjustment buckles to ride on your shoulder all day. Agreed, the RO is one of my favs.

Tip: toss your pack on before fitting the sling. If it is a long hike having something on the packs shoulder harness that the sling lifts and slides over is super helpful in keeping the sling from wanting to slide off. In my case I have a Kestrel case attached to my shoulder strap. I bring the sling over it and it acts like a hand holding the sling in place. You can also use the chest strap etc. This type of thing can leave both hands free as you hike and let you rest your arms.

Small world, a friend and I are signed up for your match. The SMGC matches I got to has a short 1/4 hike from my car to the range, and I find the magpul sling I usually use on AR15s a bit uncomfortable so was mostly looking into better options for general use then tripod specifically (and the SMGC matches require sometimes off hand shooting). I am leaning towards a RO or AG one probably.

I recently got a Leofoto 324 for cheap, it's not as solid as I would really like it, probably go up to a 364 for the match.

Hello all,

Suggestions/thoughts?
Rifles only sling
Tab Gear Biathlon sling (works great for long treks)
RRS Tripp’s and ball head

Small world, a friend and I are signed up for your match. The SMGC matches I got to has a short 1/4 hike from my car to the range, and I find the magpul sling I usually use on AR15s a bit uncomfortable so was mostly looking into better options for general use then tripod specifically (and the SMGC matches require sometimes off hand shooting). I am leaning towards a RO or AG one probably.

I recently got a Leofoto 324 for cheap, it's not as solid as I would really like it, probably go up to a 364 for the match.

Sounds good! PM me for my phone if you need more info on the match. Sounds like your coming to the UKD team match? It is going to be fun a friendly we are keeping it intentional very small. Targets will be generous and most not to tricky.. This should be an assume first UKD team type match to try.

While it is still almost 3-1/2 months away, I think we only have 2 spots left...

Sounds good! PM me for my phone if you need more info on the match. Sounds like your coming to the UKD team match? It is going to be fun a friendly we are keeping it intentional very small. Targets will be generous and most not to tricky.. This should be an assume first UKD team type match to try.

While it is still almost 3-1/2 months away, I think we only have 2 spots left...

Yep I will be at the UKD one. I recently jumped head first into PRS, I am considering going to your PRS match in September as well.

Reactions: Diver160651
I have a "claw" sling on my muzzle loader. It is a cheap sling and won't help with shooting, but it works for carrying a lightweight hunting rifle.
If you need anything more then I would spend the money to get a TIS or tab gear sling.

Yep I will be at the UKD one. I recently jumped head first into PRS, I am considering going to your PRS match in September as well.
let me know if your coming to September's SW PRS Regional 1 day.. It should also be a small match. We made a mistake and booked it on opening deer season for many of the shooters in the foothills.. oh well, small is fun too :)

Reactions: mjh30
I've never got all that exited about any sling... so for me at least, I find it to be a nice place to save money.

There's a web site that offers a surprising variety of slings on the cheap Colonel Mustard... Its in Canada actually so USD goes a long way.

Here's a link... Lots of cool cheap molle gear and stuff too.

Another option is a 5 minute search on ebay…

I know it's un-American to buy Chinese but there are plenty of inexpensive options that are just as good (from a functional perspective) as many much more expensive North American brands.

Un-American or not... it's better than bankruptcy court if you cant afford the patriotic brands.

Obviously just kidding about bankruptcy... My mon told me a million times to stop exaggerating.

Last edited:
If you actually use a sling for more than putting a rifle on your shoulder you will see the diffeeence between cheap eBay and quality brands.

I've never got all that exited about any sling... so for me at least, I find it to be a nice place to save money.

There's a web site that offers a surprising variety of slings on the cheap Colonel Mustard... Its in Canada actually so USD goes a long way.

Here's a link... Lots of cool cheap molle gear and stuff too.

Another option is a 5 minute search on ebay…

I know it's un-American to buy Chinese but there are plenty of inexpensive options that are just as good (from a functional perspective) as many much more expensive North American brands.

Un-American or not... it's better than bankruptcy court if you cant afford the patriotic brands.

Obviously just kidding about bankruptcy... My mon told me a million times to stop exaggerating.

Any chance the strap on your recoil reducing bipod could double as a sling? Asking for a friend.

No mention here of the TAB Gear sling...?
I seem to.move between the TAB sling and the Rifles Only sling...
Both work great...

SAP, they make great products at a great price. I have been happy with everything I have bought from them including my sling.