• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling recommendations needed

AwesomeDude

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
I tend to neglect these, but wanted to pick a few up this week. Any thoughts/suggestions for slings for the following:
DD 300 PDW
HK SP5
LMT Mars 308

Thanks!

Ferro slingster or Spiritus systems for the 2 smaller ones and maybe a vickers padded for the lmt

Reactions: AwesomeDude
I tend to neglect these, but wanted to pick a few up this week. Any thoughts/suggestions for slings for the following:
DD 300 PDW
HK SP5
LMT Mars 308

Thanks!

Edgar Sherman Design

I've used many slings and these have been my favorite.

I recently tried some Flatline Fiber slings on my friend's rifle and I enjoyed those as well. I will probably pick one up to spend some more time with it. The padded one might be a good choice for the LMT.

The ESD has built in retention which is a nice feature.

sNpefEg.jpg

3C3lCte.jpg

Last edited:
Vicker's Combat Applications Sling (VCAS) by Blue Force Gear. Padded is an option, as is metal hardware.

DD 300 PDW
HK SP5
LMT Mars 308

Thanks!
Thanks for all the replies. Will check them and get some tomorrow. Much appreciated

DD 300 PDW
HK SP5
LMT Mars 308

Thanks!
Here comes the contrarian opinion. If you don't need to pull the rifle closely into your body, the sling does not matter much so almost anything will do like a one point. If you use the sling to brace yourself when you shoot or you need it tight to your body because you are climbing something (for instance) get a two point. If you want to split the difference, get a combo sling that is either one point or two point. There is very little difference from brand to brand and they are almost generic.

I personally prefer two point because I have slung the rifle with a one point sling and hit myself in the junk.

I have a Botach padded quick adjust for one my AR-10s, that particular one has a heavy barrel on it plus a Gen 2 Vortex. Its short bu heavy, the sling is a little longer than I would like in its shortest setting but it works. It would be better on a full sized rifle. But I do like the padding on it plus it didn’t break the piggy bank either….

The arbor arms sling is my new go-to....no tail, nice loop to pull, cam to tighten the rifle to the body if needed....

Arms Unlimited quick adjust 2-point. Made in the USA and only $15. I own about 10 of these, they are sturdy and work great.