• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sling recommendations

ProCharger

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2013
I just finished up a rifle a few days ago and I am looking for a good comfortable sling for it. I won't be using it for shooting purposes, I don't compete and most shooting will be from a bench, I am wanting it more for transporting the rifle when hunting. The rifle is on the heavy side at 14+ pounds so comfort will be key. The rifle is a 700 variant in an AICS 1.5 with a Razor HD for glass.

Thanks.

If you are carrying it any farther than from a camp house to a deer blind, get a backpack with rifle storage. If only for short treks, get a leather 1907 sling and be done with it. You may want the sling support someday, might as well plan or it...

As I understand your question, you are looking for a comfortable sling for carrying a 14 pound rifle, if that is your actual question, Vero Vellini slings are super comfortable for the long haul, carrying to and from a remote stand etc. They don't slip, and are designed to be a comfortable carrying sling, not a shooting sling.

TIS Slip Cuff Quick Release. Its very comfortable and you can choose several different ways to carry your rifle. If by some unexpected situation pops up, it makes an excellent shooting aid as well. I bought mine from Triad Tactical. I have several slings from TAB, TIS and of course the original issue 1907 leather sling that came with my M24. The TIS Slip Cuff Quick Release is by far my favorite.

With the AICS do I need the HK style hooks as far as connectors go?

Biathlon style for pure carrying.
TAB for shoulder with the ability to shoot slung (don't paint yourself into a box saying you'll never shoot with it).
Short Action Precision Gen2 for actually shooting primary and carry secondary.

VTAC wide padded is what I've settled on. $38 on Amazon. Well made and easily adjustable. I use the QD swivels and move my one sling from my AR's to my bolt guns. It works great with my XLR chassis which also weighs a metric ton. They are obviously long enough and adjustable since LVickers uses it! Sorry Larry could not resist. You da man!!! :cool:

If all you want to do is carry it I would go with the padded VTAC sling. Comfortable, lots of options and best of all only $35-40 bucks. Some of these prices I see for slings is ridiculous. "But it does this and that...and and its Made in America". Aaahh ok, knock yourself out. That VTAC sling will outlast you

For a basic carry sling I would recommend a padded Blue Force Gear VCAS. It is $55.00 with the plastic buckles Weapon Slings : Vickers Sling - Acetal Hardware and $75.00 for the metal buckles Weapon Slings : Vickers Sling - Metal Hardware. It is easy to adjust, compatible with almost all sling mounts, and most important to me when you adjust it for length the tail does not get longer or shorter like the VTAC sling does. For a backpack style sling I recommend the TAB Biathlon sling https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/regular-biathlon-sling-rbs.html. It is a little more expensive but for long walks/hikes or going up or down hills/mountains you can't find a more secure sling. It also gives you the option to sling up when shooting for support. I use the VCAS on my work AR and the TAB Biathlon sling on my 18+ pound .338lm.