• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Slop between upper and lower

A few solutions:
1. Cheap and Easy - the Accuwedge AR-15/M16 ACCU-WEDGE | Brownells
2. Cheap but not Easy - bed the upper to the lower as mentioned above
3. Easy, but not Cheap - Demon Tactical Quick Pin Demon Tactical Quick Pin
4. Not as Easy, not Cheap - JP Rifles AR Tensioning Pin JP Rifles

I agree that it has a minor to negligible affect on accuracy. One of the complaints about the JP is that it is harder to take down. The Demon Tactical pin fixed this. The accuwedge actually pulls the upper and lower apart. Some don't like this (potential for dust and dirt to get in assembly?). Some say the pins can enlarge the hole and even crack the receiver if adjusted too tightly. I don't see how making it tight is any worse than the pin slamming around a big hole under recoil.

Bottom lines is there are a lot of solutions out there and a lot of people who think it is not a problem.

"Slop between receivers should have NO effect on the accuracy of the weapon--however it CAN have an effect on the accuracy of the shooter."

Quoting my own post, #10.

I just don't understand how such an insignificant condition can become such a huge point of contention. If your AR rattles when you shake it and you don't like it then fix it. If you don't give a rat's ass that YOUR AR rattles then don't fix it.
Giving your opinion when asked is all good. Trying to change everyone else's opinion is what a lot of ex wives did to get the "ex" prefix.:)

A loaded mag usually removes 99.9% of the slop anyway, except when the last round from the mag is chambered. Non-issue for me. I have an Armalite that has some slop. I tried the accuwedge and it developed feeding problems with the factory 10 round steel mag as well as PMAG's.

Rest the weight of your head on the stock (consistency), pre-load the bipod ever so slightly and pull back on the pistol grip with a couple pounds of force. Those things will tighten the gun up and make it shoot like a tight fitting Larue.