• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLR or SYRAC adj. gas block for 24" 5.56/223 match build?

DavidAR10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2010
Dallas, Georgia
Not asking for a snarky communal shower sword fight.

Just asking.

MarkCO has stated that "The Syracs have been plagued with numerous failures". I have a 0.936" SS II on order.

So, again, which gas block for a consistant < O.5 MOA, ten (10) shot group @ 100yds piece of pipe?

Thanks to those that know.

They are both fantastic.... I have both..... If you move the adjustment screw on occasion you will never have an issue.... The so called failure is carbon building up on adjustment screw making adjustment difficult..... There have been no other problems I'm aware of.....

Syracuse is GTG, just see no need for an adj block on the listed setup

It's very obvious to me. BUTT!!! of course, I used to teach Observation.

My stern INSTRUCTOR's face at Stone Bay back in '85-'86:
smiley_freak.gif

And, I have no idea what Kamkaze's input was for. I didn't see any gas block in that video.
icon_smile_big.gif

Last edited:

smiley_freak.gif

And, I have no idea what Kamkaze's input was for. I didn't see any gas block in that video.
icon_smile_big.gif

Agree. what gas block?

I have a Syrac block with the detent that you need to push in before the screw will turn.

After shooting it a bunch on a .308 gun, the detent didn't feel like moving. One drop of CLP and it started moving very easily again.

I haven't had any problem getting it to work.

smiley_freak.gif

icon_smile_big.gif

Im glad you liked it lol.

I have the Syrac on my .308 and am very pleased, never any issues. The SLR looks good also. I don't think you could go wrong between the two.

SLR for some of the best CS I've ever dealt with. They go out of their way to get you the right product.