• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SLR under Geissele SMR?

Don't have a MK3, however I'm pretty sure it's almost dimensionally the exact same as the MK1 which it is replacing in the future...and a MK1 is shown in the pic below along with the MK2, and MK4 models.

At any rate, maybe it will help someone....

You can always just calculate the GB's OD you want to use, and then compare it with the SMR MK3 dimensions which are the following:

Height: 2.25"
ID*: 1.35"
OD*/DAQ*: 1.95"

ETA....

Now you have the SLR GB specs to go w/ the MK3 ones above:

http://slrrifleworks.com/image/data/slr/SA7/SA7CDIM.jpg

Last edited:
I found the dimensions for both but I'm not sure if the Geissele dimension of 1.35 is just the tube or if that takes into consideration the recessed areas inside the rails. I'm going to scale it out on paper but had hoped someone here had that setup already.

Give SLR a call I spoke with the owner just on Friday and he was super nice apparently they are updating the design this week and milling the gas blocks and doing something with the spring. He is a super nice guy who wont mind explaining why his is the best and why they do what they do when it comes to his gas block. judging by those notches though I would assume non issue good to go .

I think it will fit. I'm up in the air between shaving my pinned block and swapping out for an adjustable. It's a carbine length gas system so I think an adjustable block would soften things up a bit. I'm an AR newbie so I'm really still experimenting and taking advice from anybody that will give it.

SLR .750 GB will fit with there new Sentry Model. I had the previous model and it rubbed on a JP & Nordic Components HG's but the Sentry model in .750 is just a tinny bit smaller to make the fit with a gap for barrel flexing.