• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Small magnum rifle primers CCI 450's- Good for?

You will be good running these with anything that takes a small rifle primer.

The CCI 450's are the preferred primers for my 6 BR.

Last edited:
Used them in m Savage Striker shooting .223 and BL(C)-2. That handgun would spit out 77 grain Sierra’s at velocities that would make a rifle jealous. (And darned accurate too). Save them now for any small rifle load that uses heavy charges of ball powder, especially when cool weather is involved. Also, it gives my 300 Whisper a good starting kick to send those 200 + grainers out the barrel

Nice primer.

These are great primers. It’s a given in the benchrest community that they use these primers instead of the more expensive CCI BR primers because it usually gives you a tighter standard deviation then the later.

What is wrong with you people?? You're supposed to tell him they're trash and probably dangerous and he needs to send them to you for safe disposal. SMH

I was gonna do that but those guys up there told him numerous times to use them. 🤨

Jerks... 🤣

They’re not really good for anything. Everyone needs to stop buying them.

Reactions: 99mpower
If you have a good firing pin spring or trigger springs, they’re the best primer for Varget I have ever used.

Good deal. I’ve got some Alpha Munitions 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 SRP brass. They will be used for hunting. Temps can get in the teens here in Tennessee.

I’m in TN as well. I compete with these with 6BR, 308 Palma, 6Dasher, 6XC and occasionally 5.56. All with Varget or H4350.

Reactions: General RE LEE
I’m in TN as well. I compete with these with 6BR, 308 Palma, 6Dasher, 6XC and occasionally 5.56. All with Varget or H4350.

Good deal. I shoot at Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill. I love the fact there is an AMP on site.

SO I guess I am old fashioned if I was to say that I like the CCI 400's better and have never tried the 450's?

SO I guess I am old fashioned if I was to say that I like the CCI 400's better and have never tried the 450's?
I don't mean to make sense , but how can you like something better than something you have not tried ?

Reactions: RLinNH
I don't mean to make sense , but how can you like something better than something you have not tried ?
My LGS informed me today that a small country store has some 450’s in stock. Going to try and get a brick tomorrow and load up some of my Varget loads to see the difference. I’m thinking maybe a .30 drop in powder charge to suffice for the magnum primer sound about right?

Reactions: Shoots 700's
I use 450's for my .300 BO subs
220gr Lapua Scenar
9.7gr IMR 4227
CCI 450 primer
Starline brass
1040fps.
1:7 Wilson Combat 16" barrel

texashaag

I have 14k of these. So pretty much using it on 223, 308, and soon 6.5 cr.