• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Small Pistol Primers

Called UPS, apparently they do not ship and said to contact a hazmat broker and they will do it.

I did a quick google search and only found full on trucking companies. Need to look more.

I'm guessing Davesmola highjacked your thread and is selling his own...

• Haha
Reactions: 1500varmint
You can ship them, just have to make sure they are labeled properly, I believe ORMD and GROUND ONLY through UPS maybe FedEx

• Wow
Reactions: DIBBS
You can ship them, just have to make sure they are labeled properly, I believe ORMD and GROUND ONLY through UPS maybe FedEx
This is true for ammo but it is NOT true for powder or primers. Shipping them without a hazmat license is asking for trouble.

Reactions: treillw
Also, the ORMD label for loaded rounds went bye bye at the beginning of 2021. Just FYI. Carriers will reject packages with that label.

As stated above, you cannot legally ship primers without hazmat papers. Primed brass is somehow totally fine though. These rules make such great sense. 🥴

Also, the ORMD label for loaded rounds went bye bye at the beginning of 2021. Just FYI. Carriers will reject packages with that label.

As stated above, you cannot legally ship primers without hazmat papers. Primed brass is somehow totally fine though. These rules make such great sense. 🥴
Idiots that don't know what they're talking about making rules

Idiots that don't know what they're talking about making rules

I would guess that if primers are all next to each other, like in a brick, if one by chance explodes, they all explode.

If you have 100+ pieces of brass (especially rifle brass) that are filled with primers and one explodes, there is less of a chance that they all explode. Maybe a couple will, if they are positioned right.

The brass also offers additional impact protection to the primer.

Dunno, if that's the true reason, but I guess it makes some sense in my head at least.

Reactions: trophyhunter
I would guess that if primers are all next to each other, like in a brick, if one by chance explodes, they all explode.

If you have 100+ pieces of brass (especially rifle brass) that are filled with primers and one explodes, there is less of a chance that they all explode. Maybe a couple will, if they are positioned right.

The brass also offers additional impact protection to the primer.

Dunno, if that's the true reason, but I guess it makes some sense in my head at least.
I guess that makes sense, but a primer isn't a very large explosion, but get a couple cases and it is.

Reactions: trophyhunter
This is a primer tube with the steel rod that sits on top. Rod ended up stuck in the ceiling.
13436606-F02D-4DC2-A48B-8A104C23F5B9.jpeg

Think of all the money that went up in smoke in that tube, with prices nowadays... 😂

Interesting thing i found out buying shotgun shells. You can buy pre primed shotgun shells with no hazmat fees. I guess if the primer is loaded in a case its considered ok to ship. Maybe ya need to sell 1000 rds of pre primed brass to ship? Lol

Agreed. I am very interested in knowing how this happened.......so I can look for signs before the kaboom.

I have yet to have a primer pop while hand priming........but I am waiting for it. I've have some crimped primer cases were awfully hard to prime....even after swaging and chamfering.

Ern

Reactions: Tchitcherine
It’s also been set off with Hornady brass, they are famous for what we call ringers. The anvil & bottom comes out but the ring stays in, partially swaged. Then upon priming, chain reaction sets off the whole tube of primers.