• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Small Rifle Benchrest Primers In stock Brownells

Safety_3rd

Semi-pro whiskey sommelier
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2017
Austin Texas

Shits expensive though... after buying the max 2 boxes... its 300 plus out the door.

Clownells with the strong ass gouging game! Lol. Yeah yeah yeah. Prices are up. But, that’s just straight ass bullshit. I’m done with them. The new CTD.

Yes, they are raping us with the price but at a 1000 round cost it adds what 3 to 4 cents?

125 per 1k is just nuts, plus the has mat and shipping,
I understand that the shipping costs will fluctuate between shipping company's (FedEx or UPS) & depends on distance to ship , but the differing Hazmat fee cost between the online vendors - $9.95 and up depending on vendor & shipper that they use - you would think that they would have better contract rates or something considering the CMP sells ammo and you don't get dinged for HazMat (but they do have a contract with FedEx).

They had those sitting on the shelves for at least a couple of days. Im encouraged that they eventually had to send out an email in order to get them sold at that raped-ape price. It makes me think they will think twice before offering them for that price going forward....here is to hoping!🤞

Supply is near fixed, demand goes massively up, people complain the prices go up and that's "gouging". Yes, those government schools did well failing to teach you Econ 101...

The reason there is a shortage is a massive spike in demand, and retailers failing to raise prices up to the point where supply meets demand. Ergo, shortage. If you complain about price increases, you must love shortages!

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you want it, then you've decided it's in your best interest to buy it, and you get utility from it. Ergo, regardless of what you do, QUIT YOUR WHINING!

-An Economist

Edit: I just realized another way you all are being utterly counterproductive to your own best interest. Profits are good things, they tell producers what is most in demand. The suppliers are so scared of your constant "gouging" whine that they won't raise prices up to the point where they'll make the most profit. Therefore, producers don't get the price signal (look that up if you want to know more) - which is the profit - that it would be a great investment to increase supply. Not only are current manufacturers not increasing supply like they would had you allowed supply to meet demand, other manufacturers aren't entering the market to take some of that huge profit potential, because you're stopping it from existing. All of that means that the crisis is extended, production is lower than it should be, prices are higher in the long run (or there are shortages), and there will be another (or worse) crisis in the future!

Good job!

Last edited:
Supply is near fixed, demand goes massively up, people complain the prices go up and that's "gouging". Yes, those government schools did well failing to teach you Econ 101...

The reason there is a shortage is a massive spike in demand, and retailers failing to raise prices up to the point where supply meets demand. Ergo, shortage. If you complain about price increases, you must love shortages!

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you want it, then you've decided it's in your best interest to buy it, and you get utility from it. Ergo, regardless of what you do, QUIT YOUR WHINING!

-An Economist

Edit: I just realized another way you all are being utterly counterproductive to your own best interest. Profits are good things, they tell producers what is most in demand. The suppliers are so scared of your constant "gouging" whine that they won't raise prices up to the point where they'll make the most profit. Therefore, producers don't get the price signal (look that up if you want to know more) - which is the profit - that it would be a great investment to increase supply. Not only are current manufacturers not increasing supply like they would had you allowed supply to meet demand, other manufacturers aren't entering the market to take some of that huge profit potential, because you're stopping it from existing. All of that means that the crisis is extended, production is lower than it should be, prices are higher in the long run (or there are shortages), and there will be another (or worse) crisis in the future!

Good job!
Thanks for the lesson mr wizard. I know all that already. It's funny that you are whining about peoples whining. You completely missed the point that I was making by saying it seems the supply and demand curve seems to be stalling flatter due to the above observation about the primers sitting on the shelf for a few days (supply) rather than getting bought out in .0098576284 seconds (demand).

If my enthusiasm troubles you, about me hoping the curve has shown it had begun to slow its rapid climb and is beginning to level off, then that is fine. But you saying so and so is whining when they are looking at the economics of the current situation is irrelevant despite the fact that I said I hoped the prices weren't so high. You must make lots of money as an economist and I'm proud of you for that. Good Job!

Also, you should try to stop talking down to people. It makes you look childish and stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrich
Whining about prices being too high during a shortage is childish and stupid. If I am "whining" about your whining, then it's because it's evidence of economic illiteracy and it causes all problems to become much worse, especially in the long run (see my first post).

The only real jobs in economics are telling governments to spend and regulate more, that's all they'll pay for. I make no money from Economics. That being said, my "edit" portion is, as far as I know, a new thought I've never seen published and I might write it up and send it to Mises.org.

Just because I replied after you doesn't mean I was replying only to you. I was replying to (it seems) most of the thread. You happened to make some of the same errors so anything I said in reference to your errors applies, and what I said otherwise doesn't.

If I'm talking down to people it's only because they're guilty of talking while stupid. "Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps his mouth shut."

Whining about prices being too high during a shortage is childish and stupid. If I am "whining" about your whining, then it's because it's evidence of economic illiteracy and it causes all problems to become much worse, especially in the long run (see my first post).

The only real jobs in economics are telling governments to spend and regulate more, that's all they'll pay for. I make no money from Economics. That being said, my "edit" portion is, as far as I know, a new thought I've never seen published and I might write it up and send it to Mises.org.

Just because I replied after you doesn't mean I was replying only to you. I was replying to (it seems) most of the thread. You happened to make some of the same errors so anything I said in reference to your errors applies, and what I said otherwise doesn't.

If I'm talking down to people it's only because they're guilty of talking while stupid. "Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps his mouth shut."
I bet you’re fun at parties…..

Im getting tired of people

You are obviously too high on yourself to be successfully engaged in any practical or productive conversation. My point stands and I don't see any reason to respond. I will continue to dwell beneath you as you soar with the eagles in the sky. Have fun up there.

• Haha
Reactions: tenringx
Personally I don't mind price chatter (going up, going down, etc)
but moralizing about prices adds no value IMHO and is off-topic

Reactions: Raffy
Personally I don't mind price chatter (going up, going down, etc)
but moralizing about prices adds no value IMHO and is off-topic
If someone is going up and gouging for the sake of profiteering in a shitty situation, whether it be supply constrained or not (moralizing) absolutely talk about it. As a consumer I will vote with my dollars now and in the future on how well that retailer has maintained my trust. We all get that prices are going up due to inflationary pressures, but retailers that further take advantage of me, will get little to none of my business going forward. Midway and Cheaper than Dirt come to mind.

Reactions: Raffy and 3rdfocal
I love everyone letting everyone else know of extremely high priced shit that's available for sale online then listening to everyone else bitch and moan about it 😂... Please continue... Let everyone know of all the good deals...

Reactions: TicTacTex
Midway has gone off the rails, but at least you can get some hard to find stuff if you are willing....What I can say is that if I had a choice between midway and powder valley I would choose powder valley every time out of loyalty to their display of both good merits and good prices. I like them more because I feel like they are more loyal to their customer.

You are obviously too high on yourself to be successfully engaged in any practical or productive conversation.
Ad Hominem. If find something wrong with my argument then show it to me.

If someone is going up and gouging for the sake of profiteering in a shitty situation
How do you expect there to be a supply (during a massive increase in demand) unless price goes up? Do you like shortages? Your whining causes them in the short term and even more so in the long term.

As a consumer I will vote with my dollars now and in the future on how well that retailer has maintained my trust.
You have every right to, they are your dollars. Doing so because they raised the prices "too much" (actually, too little) causes these problems.

We all get that prices are going up due to inflationary pressures
No. Econ 101 failure. The prices went up long before (price) inflation hit every other sector. (While price inflation pressure is a very small part of this, it's tiny compared to demand.) If you'll bother reading what I said, it's due to simple Economics.

Quick lesson:
1. Price is determined by where supply meets demand.
2. The Biden Administration, Covid, and the "peaceful protests" caused a massive increase in demand.
3. The supply is mostly fixed in the short term.
Ergo,
4. The price goes up.
(You can stop here if you want.)
Lesson 2:
5. Shortages are caused by the market price being held at a lower point than supply and demand would indicate. (There is more demand than there is supply at that price point.)
6. Suppliers are holding the price there because they fear the irrational (economically illiterate) complaints of their customers of "gouging".
7. The price goes up some, but not nearly enough to prevent the shortage.
Solution,
8. The suppliers must increase the price to ensure that everyone willing and able to pay at that price can do so.
Lesson 3:
9. Profit is a good thing that tells market suppliers where they should invest their money.
10. Pressure holding the price down lowers the amount of profit.
11. Less profit means the current suppliers have less incentive (and money) to expand production.
12. Less profit means potential suppliers have less incentive to move in to the market.
Ergo,
13. The economic illiteracy that complains about "gouging" makes the current problem worse and either causes another problem in the future or makes future problems worse.

So, it's you and your actions that make this situation worse than it would otherwise be. Knock it off!

How do you expect there to be a supply (during a massive increase in demand) unless price goes up? Do you like shortages? Your whining causes them in the short term and even more so in the long term.

You have every right to, they are your dollars. Doing so because they raised the prices "too much" (actually, too little) causes these problems.

No. Econ 101 failure. The prices went up long before (price) inflation hit every other sector. (While price inflation pressure is a very small part of this, it's tiny compared to demand.) If you'll bother reading what I said, it's due to simple Economics.

Quick lesson:
2. The Biden Administration, Covid, and the "peaceful protests" caused a massive increase in demand.
Ergo,
4. The price goes up.
Lesson 2:
5. Shortages are caused by the market price being held at a lower point than supply and demand would indicate. (There is more demand than there is supply at that price point.)
6. Suppliers are holding the price there because they fear the irrational (economically illiterate) complaints of their customers of "gouging".
Solution,
8. The suppliers must increase the price to ensure that everyone willing and able to pay at that price can do so.
Lesson 3:
9. Profit is a good thing that tells market suppliers where they should invest their money.
11. Less profit means the current suppliers have less incentive (and money) to expand production.
12. Less profit means potential suppliers have less incentive to move in to the market.
Ergo,
13. The economic illiteracy that complains about "gouging" makes the current problem worse and either causes another problem in the future or makes future problems worse.

So, it's you and your actions that make this situation worse than it would otherwise be. Knock it off!
^ This guy gets it.

We aren't saying your wrong. Supply and demand is a thing. You just don't have to just dont act like a jerk. "Knock it off!"

• Love
Reactions: BoltRunner
Thank you for reciting your economics textbook to us, and thank you for the lesson on typical economic dynamics. What you were saying is true, if price elasticities will impact consumer pull or demand. The firearms indiatry however is somewhat inelastic when it comes to ammunition or panic buying situations. Most of the time we see pressures or legislation that can impact supply, demand will remain high and will consistently out strip supply, no matter what the price is.

By the way, I really don’t need any of your economics lessons- thanks anyway. My career is in CPG, and have a good handle on consumer behavior working for some of the largest food companies and managing businesses for the largest retailer in the world.

Quick lesson:
Ergo,
4. The price goes up.
Lesson 2:
Solution,
Lesson 3:
Ergo,

Ok I'll play. You are full of crap.
Yes if they increase prices so only the wealthy can afford the product then yes suddenly there will be a supply because no one can afford to buy except the Elon Musks of the world.
Reason 2 you are full of crap is your rationale for why manufacturers are not increasing supply. Newsflash the manufacturers are operating at capacity. Why don't they increase capacity? Because they know the demand will eventually subside and the cost of building plants to make primers is astronomical (@THEIS ) . So after they catch up they will have a very expensive plant they will need to shove where the sun don't shine.

Gentleman, please stop shitting up the thread 🤠

What you were saying is true, if price elasticities will impact consumer pull or demand.
That's literally always true. There may be more effect in certain industries and circumstances, but price always affects amount demanded.

Yes if they increase prices so only the wealthy can afford the product then yes suddenly there will be a supply because no one can afford to buy except the Elon Musks of the world.
False choice. You may have to pay more, and use less, but you'll still be able to pay for them. Proof, you can buy primers on Gunbroker right? Then we know that the true market price would be somewhere between the price causing the shortage and the Gunbroker (secondary market) price.
BTW, historically speaking, you are "the wealthy".

Why don't they increase capacity? Because they know the demand will eventually subside and the cost of building plants to make primers is astronomical
This isn't totally incorrect, but my point still stands. If there is more potential for profit, more actors will enter the market and the current actors will (slowly and carefully or not) increase production capacity.

You just don't have to just dont act like a jerk. "Knock it off!"
I apologize if I'm acting like a jerk, it's not my intention. Stupid does tick me off, especially from people who should know better, and especially stupid that causes the problems to get much worse.