• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smaller/Lightweight Bags for Shooting Out of a Box Blind???

tsu45

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
I mostly deer hunt of box blinds and use a full-size game changer. My boys are hunting with me for the first time this year. The 6yo is so jacked over it he is wanting to do whatever needs to be done to be able to shoot one himself next year. Little shit is already hitting 1/2” air gun swingers at 20yds off with a pellet rifle I setup for him. Prone and positional off the back off a patio chair, so I’m confident I can get him there.

Mentioned today that what he wants for Christmas is ”hunting stuff.” Clarified that he’s talking about a backpack and bags ”like daddy.”. Would like to get him something that isn’t too cumbersome to carry.

Anything that’s lightweight and just big enough to be stable off a blind shelf? Won’t put him anywhere that he’d have to shoot over 120yds.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
The best piece of “blind shooting gear” I ever bought for a youth shooter is a Wiebad pump pillow.

There's a couple of considerations, both in terms of bag weight and rifle balance. My advice for a kid would be to get a barricade bag with as short of a top section as possible. I'd also avoid using any kind of rifle with a magazine. This will make it much easier to balance the rifle on ± the mid-point of the shooting bag. Mini gamechanger, small weibad, etc.

In general everything as light as possible, by design (ie, carry less stuff).

This works perfectly and is easy to pack. I also have a Shemedium GC w/ getlite but this is the bag I take hunting.

There’s a 20% off code on the website also.

3C3AD06A-7A72-48D6-93C1-F5E2ACB07116.png

Awesome! Always love to see young enthusiasts. I just gave 2 grandsons their 1st .22s for Christmas, one -19, the other is my mini-me! He's 11, he blew through about 300 rounds and hit the 1st four targets on my "know your limit set-up"! He said he didn't care if he didn't get anything else for Christmas, lol! He's wanting to start hunting too! I recently finished a 6.5 grendel build & have everything for a 6ARC. Exciting, his dad was never a cruel kid, not wanting to thrill kill anything, but he too is a natural good shot and likes to deer hunt, but can't stomach the processing.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1704568485497_copy_576x388.jpg
    FB_IMG_1704568485497_copy_576x388.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 35
I got so into my story, I neglected to offer my tip; many times, especially in a box, I've simply used a Paracord loop, easy to adjust, compact light weight, always in my pack and pretty steady.

Why do you prefer this one? I was looking at a scmedium with git lite but at half the price, this is making me reconsider
I have a scmedium with git-lite that I use for PRS shooting. It won’t fit in my hunting pack and the other bag works just as well for hunting purposes at 1/4 the size.

Reactions: Smith1
I use the area 419 gamechanger on my rifle out of a blind, it’s already attached to the rifle once I get in the blind, so I don’t have to worry about moving something from one window to the next and then put the rifle out the window as well… less movement inside the blind for the deer to pick up. Just wish it was lighter, it weighs approximately 1 lb

Pint sized game changer and get lite fill. It truly is a game changer. I use mine off of ladder stands and I feel rock solid. I have a carabiner with clips on both ends. One goes on the bag, the other clipped to the top and flipped over it. If I go in without a bag it’s hooked to a belt loop or to the side of my chest harness. I love it!

Something I haven’t seen mentioned is the interplay between seat height, window height, and bag thickness. The blinds I have hunter out of barely have enough room for a scoped rifle to sit on the sill without bumping turrets on the top edge of the window. Adding a bag makes this worse. Also, adding a bag to a window adds height, which may be counter productive for a shooter with a short torso. Blinds tend to be “sized” for adults sitting in standard chairs. That makes it rough on a youth shooter, even before adding additional height to the rifle with a shooting bag. Adjustable height chairs can only do so much. I mention this only as a warning not to sacrifice shooting comfort in the pursuit of shooting comfort…