• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smallest AR500 Gong??

tinker

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2017
north of philly
My club only goes out to 200 yards. The smallest steel we have is about 4".

I have been searching online to buy some AR500 gongs to donate to my club so I can use them there but can't find anything smaller than 3".

Does anyone know if there is anyone making anything 1"?

I would really like to get say a 6" or so square with two 1" dangling kind of like a flipper target. I have seen some neat rimfire ones that look like an 8 with spinner that has two 1" bullseyes and while that would be cool the pivot point would likely break when it gets hit inadvertently.

I have thought about a hostage style but even those have huge targets in the center.

The smallest 3/8" AR500 targets that I'm aware of and will get you darn close to what you're after is 1.5" from shootsteel.com. Hope that helps.

-LD

Reactions: tinker

I have the two on the right. Mounting them on something is the issue, as they end up being much smaller than what you hang them by. They also sell 1/2" thick.

I have the two on the right. Mounting them on something is the issue, as they end up being much smaller than what you hang them by. They also sell 1/2" thick.

That may be a really good choice as well. Mounting is pretty good. We use old fire hose with a bolt.

I’ve got some 2 inchers laying around the range junk somewhere, so I’m sure they get smaller

Atlas Target Works has 2" gongs in 3/8" or 1/2"

I've shot a bunch of small steel from D-M Targets, the one I use the most has two targets on stems, a 1.5-2" diamond and a 2" circle, one on each side of a t-bar hanger. I've also done small steel squares roughly 2" x 3" and hung from firehose.

This is at 150-200 yards and I mostly use 223. Anything larger than 223 at close range will start to break targets if you're shooting it with a lot of rounds.

I've shot a bunch of small steel from D-M Targets, the one I use the most has two targets on stems, a 1.5-2" diamond and a 2" circle, one on each side of a t-bar hanger. I've also done small steel squares roughly 2" x 3" and hung from firehose.

This is at 150-200 yards and I mostly use 223. Anything larger than 223 at close range will start to break targets if you're shooting it with a lot of rounds.
yeah this will be 200 yards. Most likely a lot of .223 practice but maybe some 6.5cm and 6br

yeah this will be 200 yards. Most likely a lot of .223 practice but maybe some 6.5cm and 6br

Might also try this one, it's held up pretty well for me. You just shoot at the tip of the top stem as though it were a circle, or likewise at the base if you want a 2 MOA size target. I mostly shot the top of the target for positional shooting, 1MOA is a good challenge.

IMG_4024.jpeg
Torso is approx 1.75x2” though

Reactions: drglock