• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Smallest Factory threaded Pistol?

frankythefly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Colorado
After my friend shot my glock 27 suppressed he was wondering if there is a factory pistol that is already threaded and small? I told him perhaps the Sig P239 elite dark threaded was the same size or smaller.

Any other suggestions?

Re: Smallest Factory threaded Pistol?

If you think that Sig is small you have choices. But that Sig imo is huge. But if he was looking for a truly small platform, it is not easy. For factory barrels you get down to a Walther in 9mm or Kurz. The last truly small .45 was the Semmerling XLM and are simply none to be found now.

For most, the barrel wall is too thin to support threading for a can. You will hear about folks welding on the muzzle of some of these barrels to support threads...don't do it. Aside from high breakage will real use, the slide has to modified as well. Best to have a true custom barrel made (slide is worth moding then.)

Still, the small Glock is a good way to go!

Really depends on the caliber. I've seen some really small .22's, then there are .25's .32's and so on.

If. 22 RF is acceptable I'd give the walther. P22 a look.

If you have some time and "factory threaded" is optional

Thread beretta jet fire

Tornado tech can hook it up

2012-06-09_14-45-04_482.jpg

2012-06-08_12-30-12_171.jpg

Walther TPH. Just find one.