• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

smart purchase?

rackchaser71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
myakka city FL
So yesterday in a pawn shop i found a like brand new rem 700 sps blued .270 with a scope im not too sure about. The scope is a osprey international tactical style mil dot scope. It appears to be around 35mm with some really tall mounts.They wanted 329$ so i jumped on it.I dont know too much about the scope but I know the gun is worth that.I think i made a good choice.I could not find a scratch on it.What do yall think???

Re: smart purchase?

It's not important what we think. What's important is if you feel good about the deal, then it's a good one, for you.

Bob

sounds like a good deal to me. Its hard to find even a good donor action for that price.

well i actually used to own the same exact gun with a simmons on it and loved it. I didnt want this gun for me. Im actually getting a 700 sps ss in 270wsm for xmas with a leupold on it. i bought this rifle to flip and make a profit.After some thinking im actually considering keeping it as a project,selling the barrel and scope and making a target gun out of it.Ill give it some time and see what happens.Thanks for the replies they were actually for my girlfriends eyes to smooth over the fact that i just bought a gun for xmas for me with OUR xmas money lol so thanks yall lol