• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Smidt Bender 5-25x56 PM II Ring height

Jin308to408

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
Calumet,IN
Hello guys,
I just bought a SB 5-25 PMII and AX Aics chassis, just wonder to know whats the best ring height for this combination?
Thanks!

Hi, I would call someone like Mile High and tell them what you have when you order the rings. The probably answer the same question many times during the day.

I have leopold mark 4 super high rings on aiax .308chassis with s&b 3x20. With the tennebrax cover there is 5.5mm clearance of the barrel shroud, closing from the side. And 9.5mm clearance without the cover mounted.
Had to change from the high to super high because the shroud added to the clearance needed above the barrel.

PMII 5-25X[56] and PMII 3-20X[50] 5mm Objective Bell differential

Hello guys,
I just bought a SB 5-25 PMII and AX Aics chassis, just wonder to know whats the best ring height for this combination?
Thanks!
I have leopold mark 4 super high rings on aiax .308chassis with s&b 3x20. With the tennebrax cover there is 5.5mm clearance of the barrel shroud, closing from the side. And 9.5mm clearance without the cover mounted.
Had to change from the high to super high because the shroud added to the clearance needed above the barrel.
To put this in perspective, consider that the PMII 5-25X[56] and PMII 3-20X[50] have respective Objective Bell diameters of 62mm and 57mm (a 5mm differential without attachments). So if we take the 9.5mm Objective Bell-to-Barrel Shroud clearance that 63stingray's PMII 3-20X[50] has without the Tenebraex cover and deduct 5mm of clearance to account for the larger Objective Bell diameter of the PMII 5-25X[56] there should be about 4.5mm (.177") of Objective Bell-to-Barrel Shroud clearance. FYI, 4.5mm is enough clearance to allow use of a Butler Creek Flip Open as long as the Flip Open is shaved down above the Barrel Shroud. Also, the Leupold P/N for the 34mm Mark 4 "Super High" rings is 59310.

Keith

Last edited:

Thanks, just called opticsplanet. and get NF 1.375 ring

To put this in perspective, consider that the PMII 5-25X[56] and PMII 3-20X[50] have respective Objective Bell diameters of 62mm and 57mm (a 5mm differential without attachments). So if we take the 9.5mm Objective Bell-to-Barrel Shroud clearance that 63stingray's PMII 3-20X[50] has without the Tenebraex cover and deduct 5mm of clearance to account for the larger Objective Bell diameter of the PMII 5-25X[56] there should be about 4.5mm (.177") of Objective Bell-to-Barrel Shroud clearance. FYI, 4.5mm is enough clearance to allow use of a Butler Creek Flip Open as long as the Flip Open is shaved down above the Barrel Shroud. Also, the Leupold P/N for the 34mm Mark 4 "Super High" rings is 59310.

Keith

Thanks very much! this is truly helpful!!

Thanks!!