• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Smith in northeast NY

Povchrisw

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
getting ready for a build and need a smith. anyone know of a good smith in northeast ny? basic search didn't turn up any choices. thanks for any help

Depending upon where you are in NE NY, the drive to Warner Tool Company in Swanzey, NH may be viable. About as qualified a smith as you will find.

Larry Racine in NH is also good with target builds. Former Palma team member. Savage action king, and switch barrel expert.

Don't know where in east NY you live, but the only REAL smith I have found in driving range for me is in Kingston. His name is Chris Ruger, of Ruger's Custom Guns. Have not had any work done from him yet, but have had a few chats with him and bought a few rifles from there.
Just be aware, there are lots of phony's around here.

thanks everyone, im just south of plattsburgh.. only smith i know of is in plattsburgh, Vann's guns

Yeah... WAY NORTH east new york... Ha!

You would be well positioned to go see Dan and Alan Warner over in NH at Warner tool. They build some absolutely phenomenal rifles and they're wonderful to deal with.

You can look up Darkeagle Customs, Dan Shumway. He is in the middle of NY Finger Lakes area. I heard good things about his work and seen of of his .223's shoot quite well.

His website is Darkeaglecustom.com

Here's another vote for Dan Shumway at Dark Eagle Customs, located just outside town in Watkins Glen/Seneca Lake. He is the only bonafide gunsmith who works on my guns.

Greg

Last edited: