• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 'smith recommendation in the Dallas area?

BurnOut

DDOJSIOC
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
Dallas
All- I have a mess of barrels that I'd like to have threaded & re-crowned, and if I had my druthers I'd work with someone locally so as not to rack up a bunch of shipping charges in addition to having to deal with packaging, tracking numbers, etc...

Off the top of my head, I'm looking to get the following done:

• Cut, thread, re-crown 6.5G upper
  • Thread, re-crown varmint barrel 5.56 upper
  • Thread, re-crown varmint barrel .243 WSSM upper
  • Thread, re-crown varmint barrel 22-250 R700
  • Thread, re-crown varmint barrel .223 R700
  • Thread, re-crown varmint barrel .22LR
  • Cut, thread, re-crown varmint barrel .243 R700

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Go talk to Silenced America in Carrolton. He will bring them to his Amarillo location for Joshua to thread and crown and you won't have to deal with shipping or transfers.

Be careful that threads are cut to proper specs and held to tight tolerances. Take a look at the thread specs provided by Thunderbeast Arms and ensure whoever does the work is familiar with the requirements.

I cant say enough good things about Richard King. I will be picking up my 223AI from him in the next week. He is a 1000 yard f-class guy. You can find some of the rifles he build over at 6mmbr. He knows how to build them and how to drive them! 817-726-6603 Or [email protected] FYI His shop is behind his house in Arlington.

All- I appreciate the pointers, I'll check with the suggested 'smiths to see prices/lead times.

It is worth the 3 hour drive down to Spring to see Aaron Roberts at Roberts Precision Rifles. His threading is an honest work of art.

David @ sharkprecision
Located in Plano.