• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Smith recommendation near Jacksonville Florida

premierjax

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2013
Hey guys looking for a gunsmith other than GPI here in the Jacksonville area. Any ideas?

I have used GPI for cerakote and was really pleased.

They gave a good military discount, and did a good job.

What are you having done? I'd personally send it out if you are talking about a rebarrel.

problems with GPI? I used them for FFL transfer and talked to one of their peeps about them about building a rifle.

I live in the jax area... there are no smiths close that do that kind of work. I use SAC in Ohio..

LOL You got a point there.

Personally distance doesn't matter to me. If the guy is a reputable gunsmith, and can do the work I'd send it to anywhere in America. I wouldn't send gunsmith work out side the US, as we have excepting in rare occasions concerning a double rifle or drilling great guys that do great work.

If I didn't live near a gunsmith I liked, I'd be willing to ship my box of parts to him and ask for what I wanted.

You won't save time or money dropping it by a douche bag local, when you can have one of the best accuracy gun smiths in America work on it.

Greg Tannell is also wonderful.