• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Smith recommendation near Orlando, FL. Need barrels threaded

Mike407

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith near Orlando, FL for barrel threading? I have two that I need to get done and am hoping to have it done locally if there's a qualified smith around.

Thanks!

It's a bit of a drive but Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles in Naples would be my choice. [MENTION=16989]Bugholes[/MENTION] here on the site.

Tactical machining is probably closest
CDI has a full time smith too.
Between those three you should be able to get it done locally.

Tactical machining is probably closest
CDI has a full time smith too.
Between those three you should be able to get it done locally.

Tactical machining is very close, within 10 minutes to my house actually. I was told they wouldn't do small jobs like this though. I haven't heard of CDI. I'll look them up.

Thanks for the info!

Hey when you find one will you let me know. They use to have a real good smith at shoot staight in apopka but he moved away. I needed to get my savage threaded also. Thanks

If Dana was a jackass he would still be the go to for hundreds of long range shooters. He's nice beyond all need.
I wont let anyone else build my next rifle.

Jack how you doing? I got shoulder surgery a week ago. looking forward to sending a few down range with you, and your boy!

Dana English of English custom rifles. He is a super nice guy and a very good builder to boot.