• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing smith to rebarrel rifle

watereddownevil

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
jax, fl
I've been looking around and it seems everybody wants to build complete rifles, I'm looking to get factory action trued , new Barrel and trigger job.any help appreciated

Re: smith to rebarrel rifle

Its our bread/butter.

96 hour turn around when hanging a barrel.
8 days for truing, TIG/time bolt, new lug, new barrel, ceracoat.

Did over 20 in January.

Be glad to help.

C.

Send it to C Dixon, I have seen several of his work first hand. I build my own and I will say Dixon does some of the finest work I have ever seen.

To give you an idea of his work the only question for Chad maybe "Does anal retentive have a hyphen?"

Another vote for Chad Dixon... when he says 96 hour turn around he means it and he does not sacrifice quality to get the job done on time.

C. Dixon knows a thing or two about 'smithing and customer service.

Can't go wrong.

APA. Jered is great to deal with. Call and talk to him.

Chad's turnaround times are, what's the phrase for it........ fuckin' fast!

I sent him a barreled action a few weeks ago and a melonited 260 barrel to be shortened and screwed on the R700 action. It arrived on a Saturday. Monday morning at 0800, Chad's time, he called to let me know the barrel was 4" shorter than before and was now in the lathe getting her new crown. A few hours later I had a tracking number in my inbox.

I would echo the comments about Chad Dixon. I called as he was headed out the door with his family to a hockey game yet he took time to help me get an estimate to put a new barrel on, action work etc before he left.

He also realized I needed a little guidance on the process and spent the time to help me get it all figured out. The turn around time seems good however, to me, the help and great customer service was key.

+1 for Chad at Long Rifles
www.longriflesinc.com

C.Dixon is good to go. You wont regret his work. Can do easy to complex. Pretty quick turn around for the most part if you have the components.