• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Smith & Wesson I Bolt in 30.06, feedback requested

murtaughf3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2012
Abilene Tx
Ok I know this isn't the typical precision rifle or caliber but I saw one brand new a pawn shop. Tag on it is dated March 2002, I believe it is brand new with a tag of $450 but if it's actually been there since 2002 I'm sure they will come down, they are a little cheaper on gunbroker. I've searched google and found a couple right ups but not many. Most say the bolt gets a little better with time. It's a synthetic stock and stainless barrel with a picitanny rail bridge going over the ejection port, to me it looks really nice and feels good to. This will be a primary deer rifle and bigger animals if the chance presents itself. My next biggest caliber is .243, all it would need is a good scope, nothing major, something maybe from the Vortex Diamond back line. So with this said, does anyone have any feedback on this rifle. I'm thinking I can get it for at $400 or less.

Re: Smith & Wesson I Bolt in 30.06, feedback requested

I do not have hands on use of these rifles but, when they first came out I talked to a trusted S&W rep. He simply stated "S&W makes excellent handguns". That was enough for me, there are many good alternatives and the $400 price tag is a good start towards a rifle worth keeping. Good Luck.

It has the same action as Howa,mossberg1500,weatherby vanguard easy to get build parts for.

thanks for the info guys, still not sure i will get it, i should probably practice this thing called patience my wife keeps telling me about, and just save for the model 70 in a 30.06

Listen to your wife! That sounds like a real solid combo.