• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Smith & Wesson M&P Night Sights?

I just ordered some nice fiber optic sights from dawson
precision. I think they had some night sights as well. Also check out ameriglo. I liked theirs but I have the core m&p and Dawson was the only place making the correct rear for that version.

Last edited:
all our M&P's have the Trijicons, and we like them, however on the 9c I am thinking about going to fiber optics like the ameriglo's. I could be wrong or, maybe, I gunked up the Trijicons on the 9c but they seem less visible than the Shield and the regular size .45.

I am leaning towards the Ameriglos but will look at the dawson's if Donr13 recommends them.

Sights are pretty personal..
I had Hienies on my M&P's for awhile. I like the serrated front sight, with the tritium dot and no white outline & a plain black rear sight.
Having said that, I switched my two full sizes to Dawson adjustable's, really like them, and moved a set of heinies over to the compact.
The factory night sights are fairly good, you might find a set of take offs, I might have mine around somewhere.

Bob

Ameriglo I Dot Pro, same principal of operation as the Trij HD but about half the cost. They even have Trijicon lamps in them. I have 5 sets on various service pistols. I prefer the green.

I run Meprolight night sights. They will run around $100 with free shipping from Optics Planet. They are quality sights and I personally like them a bit better than Trijicon, but can't go wrong with either one.

Ive got 4 M&P's. One has Dawson fiber optic front/plain black serrated rear, great for the range where they can pickup light, suck ass for anything else. Thats NOT a knock on Dawson, just a drawback to fiber optic sights, but its a comp gun anyway so doesnt see service anywhere but the range. One has Warren Tactical's on them, overall I like them, but probably wouldnt buy them again(they were one of the first to have the bigger front that is also a different color than the rears) since I think there are better choices out there(like the Trijicon HD's, Ameriglow Pro's, etc...). The other 2(shield and MP45) have Ameriglow with the pro front and 2 dot rear. I like these the best. I think they are a clone of the Trijicon HD's. Customer service has been good, construction is good, no complaints yet(only had them about a year or so).

I have really fallen in love with the front sights that have the big orange or yellow ring around them and a subdued 2 dot rear. For some reason I dont like single dot rears or no dot rears on a carry/defensive gun, just a personal mental block I guess. I think the fronts with the ring around the tritium marry the best of the fiber optic(excellent speed in daylight) and low light with the tritium.

Last edited:
My preference in the Ameriglo CAP, Heinie Ledge with a front tritium dot only and the Trijicon HD's look good on the customer's guns I've handled.

Got my MGW sight pusher for M&P Shield today, along with a set of TruGlo nite sights (not TFO). The sights on a Shield are RFT and you have to take it really slow. New sights look great and really glow hot in the dark. Also changed out the striker safety to an Apex (using the standard spring instead of Apex). I love me some M&P Shield.

I will second this. My wife and I both have the TruGlo TFOs with green front dot and yellow rear on our M&P9s. Absolutely love them. Those sights glow like a radioactive frog both day and night and are very crisp and clear. I am going to buy a third set of TFOs for my backup M&P.

Just put a set of Truglo TFOs on my buddies M&P. he loves them. I have a set on my G19 and I also love them. Great sight for the money.

I use Trijicon Night Sights, and the amber seems to be a bit better than tru-glo.

Also get amber rear, and green fronts. It improves speed and accuracy as you have the front sight a different color to focus on.

I have a 10-8 rear with their Fiber Optic front in green. It works for me. I have Night Sights on other pistols, but in a defense situation, I'm going to blind the target with a Surefire to positive ID it before I ventilate it. Just sayin'. J

I favor the Trijicon HDs. The big front dot is perfect for quick target acquisition. I run them on all my M&Ps. you can usually find them on sale around 90 bucks.

Now that I handled them for a bit longer, I decided that the newly revised Trijicon HD's work fantastic on my Glock 17. I'm going to shoot them and decide if I want to put them on all my handguns.