• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 Problem

Zazoos

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Hey Gang,

I am new to guns in general and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. I just purchased this M&P15-22 last weekend and while shooting at the range we had a backfire. We cleared the chamber and did not think much about it. However the gun was not ejecting the cases very well after wards. I figured the gun was dirty, took it home cleaned it and returned the range only to find out from another member that the ejection piece was missing. How should I go about getting a replacement piece? I went to Smith and Wesson's website, but didn't find much in the way about replacement parts. If I have to send the gun to the factory, would I send the whole thing or just the piece in the picture below? Should a backfire cause this damage?

Thanks for the help.
MP1522.jpg

Zazoos

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 Problem

That would be your extractor, ejector is a spring loaded plunger or perhaps just a piece of metal that strikes the case when the bolt is cycled. Call s&w, I'd send the whole gun as there could be other issues that caused that failure to occur which wouldn't be remedied by replacing the extractor, don't want to have to replace the same part a second time due to some other problem. Not a high probability, but its still something I'd look out for.

Call 800 331-0852 and get customer service on the line. They will get your info and send you a call tag for the gun. Ask them to send it to your email and you'll get it quicker.

Backfire? As in fired out of battery?

I have been looking at them but may have to wait or just get a cmmg conversion

Thanks for the responses. I called S&W and they are shipping me a new extractor. I really appreciate the help.

Zazoos

What did you tell S&W that they are mailing you a new extractor?

We are having problems with a new M&P 15-22 bought 2 hours ago new and it will not eject.