• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smith&Wesson night Gaurd 10mm!!

gabriellapua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
wenatchee wa.
A guy came into the store the other day and traded in a barely used Night gaurd in 10mm. I want to know if you've shot this gun and how you like it took it home and was able to get it for $550.00 not sure what they are new but I like the 10mm cartridge and never seen a revolver in the big 10. Any how just wanted to share my excitement with you guys and gals and ask you if you have any experience with this gun. Good or bad info will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Smith&Wesson night Gaurd 10mm!!

The S&W 310 Night Guards are nice revolvers (typical of S&W revolver quality) but like every revolver chambered for a rimless cartridge...you are screwed/stuck with moon clips which can be annoying and a general inconvenience at times (although I admit I own a .45ACP competition revolver).

A 10mm revolver is just sort of a bastard compromise IMO for a revolver based on the NUMEROUS other options for chamberings that are vastly superior to the 10mm and make better sense for a revolver. It is great as a semi-auto pistol cartridge given the amount of power it offers in a relatively small package, but it pales in comparison (given its lighter bullets and lighter loads) than numerous common revolver chamberings. I guess it all depends on what your plans are for the gun as to whether it is a good option for you or not. Regardless of all that, you got the pistol for a steal at only $550 (which is $200 cheaper than I have ever seen one for sale) and it should be a lot of fun to shoot. If you don't like it or you want something else...I'm betting you won't have any difficulty getting your money back out of it (and maybe more).

Hey thanks for the info guys! I bought this for a "fun" gun and dont plan to use it in a self defence situation. i dont mind having to use the moon clips and realy look forward to shooting it. if i end up not liking it chances are you will see this pistol on here for sale lol.

I had one a while back. It was a very nice revolver and very accurate with the 10mm. It did not like Double Tapp 10mm ammo though. Locked it right up and I had to use a rubber mallat to get the shells out. So, don't shoot really hot ammo in it.

I can imagine that the Double Tap ammo did just that. I chrono'd some 165 grainers that clocked over 1600 fps.

Sounds like the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I have a S&W 642 in .38 Special with 129gr Federal Hydrashock +P's and I bet the ballistics smoke the 10mm ballistics, or at LEAST come close.

The 642 airweight is a fine weapon.

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!! Sorry arcticlight...

Gabriel338..... nice pull on the 10mm great gun to have. The 10mm is an awesome round that cannot be beat!! IMHO best of both worlds in that combo; an unbeatable caliber with devastating ballisctics/stopping power, paired with the never jam always reliable revolver. I would carry that gun with confidence.

38 Special +P velocity 950

129 / 8.36 energy 258

Hydra-Shok® JHp
http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/handgun.aspx?id=336

Caliber : 10mm

Bullet : 135gr. Nosler Jacketed Hollow Point.

Ballistics : 1600fps / 767 ft.lbs. - Glock 20
http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog...3svia8vmetn9n72

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!! Sorry arcticlight..</div></div>
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tiTzQoEWDw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tiTzQoEWDw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ya, the 10mm hits like a ton of bricks, I have seen and shot the 610 before and it was alot of fun, good catch. Just don't shoot through the bad guys.

These are niche guns with strong collector value for S&W collectors. What makes this one so much fun is the availability of cheap .40 S&W ammo at every walmart.

Enjoy your new toy.