• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Smoking Section.

Re: Smoking Section.

No, apparently we have to be put in a corner so we don't bother anybody else. Years ago, the smoking section of an establishment was bigger than non smoking....the non smokers bitched endlessly about that until the smokers were forced in the back. And they still wanna bitch??? Quit yer cryin!

You know, Im going to have to agree with Kbrady. Us smokers have been evilized throughout the US and smoking has been banned in most public places in California now. They wont quit untill smoking is banned everywhere but your own home. I just want to know how many of these anti's have a kid in a public school, and where the hell they think most of the funding for that school comes from......thats right, cigarett tax!

Hey guys, it's a joke from a list of one liners. I smoked for 20+ years, quit twenty years ago, with the former Marlboro money the basis of my gun funds. Then ten years ago gave up my Bud with the beer money added to the gun funds. $70K later, I'm glad I did.

Your smoking (or not) matters none to me, brother. No crying hear, Mr. Brady.

My bad, must have caught me in between smokes! I quit drinking beer about 6 years ago and if I could transfer my cigarette fund to a gun/ammo/accessory fund I would.......I know my girlfriend would just find something stupid to spend it on though lol.

Kelly

As a smoker lets just say we all quit, what do you think would happen?
1)All the anti's would have no-one to target over that filthy habit.
2)They would have to find another cause to piss and moan about.
3)The new pissing and moaning would be about the higher taxes now imposed by the goverment to recoup lost revenue.
4)Their poor kids in public schools dont have new books, equipment or top notch teachers to educate their kids.

I for one like to feel that my filthy disgusting habit is contributing to the economy, helping with our kids education and keeping taxes down.

Mac

Been a smoker for 23 years, and quit two years ago. Not a single day of those 23 years enjoyed eating while smoking or smoke around me.

It's time we realize that we can enjoy a cigarette, but we shouldn’t make others enjoy it too. Kind of like the guy that fly’s past all the cars in a construction merge to cut in front of the other cars that have been waiting patiently. There is not a law against this, rather it is just something that shouldn’t be done.

Smoke on, I wish I could...

I like to hear them bitch at work where we have to go outside and smoke. They didn't want us smoking at our desk and now they bitch because we get to go outside. I even take a stack of papers with me and just sit at the smoking table and work for several hours on nice days. If I could get wireless LAN I would just stay outside.

People are gonna piss and moan and bitch anyway, they'll find something else soon enough.............in which case, smoke if ya got em.

warningthesurgeongenera.jpg

This is what I hate!!!!!

An ashtray on the diner table....

can you believe this!?

attach1.jpg

By ssgp2 at 2010-06-06

could be worse....

i wish they'd put a "fat tax" on fast food equal to the amount of tax on smokes.

if the tobacco companies give us lung cancer, and smokers have to pay for it, then parents of fat kids should have to pay for the heartattacks, high cholestrol, etc. that mickey dee's give out.

with a side of shrek cadmium....

If our priority is to minimize health care expenditures, we should be encouraging smoking.

Smokers die young, and relatively inexpensively. Having them hanging on for years or decades with Alzheimers, ALS, or similarly debilitating causes of death is vastly more expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smokers die young</div></div>I'll encourage them. They're not a band band. But I was probably the oldest one in the audience in Sheffield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa-Rt0M4dtk

I am not a smoker, but isn't this a private property issue. I hate the fact that our government can tell us what to do with our property.

If you want smokers in your restaurant, you should be able to..If the non smokers refuse to eat there so what..If there are enough smokers to keep you in business = success!

Me being a non smoker will spend my money in non smoking establishments. It should be my choice.

This brings up the new house cleaning law in New York..If the cleaners unionize and your HOME becomes their work environment, guess what, your not allowed to smoke in your own house!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...this isn't this a private property issue. I hate the fact that our government can tell us what to do with our property.</div></div>Not only can it tell you what to do with it, it can also take it from you. After his victory in 1066, William the Conqueror seized virtually all land in England. Government has had an inherent right to take your property ever since. Our Fifth Amendment's Just Compensation clause only imposes limitations on its exercise.

then there's the ones that are allergic to smoke. what the f@#k is up with that?

everybody has some sort of affliction these days, story:

i was in a vanpool with one of these twits. it was a non smoking van pool. ok i never smoked on it, as i respected the rules. i don't smoke in my house. i don't smoke in my car unless the windows are open, and i never leave a butt in the ashstray. so even though i carry some "stink" with me, not as extreme as others.

this person read me the riot act one day, as this person seen me smoking in the parking lot. no where near the van. the wind was blowing in the opposite direction from the van. all of a sudden here come an "allergy attack".

nuts! just nuts! some sort of pshyco-allergy at this point as i can only surmise that not one molecule of tobacco smoke reached this person in the givern circumstance...

this person tried to get me off the carpool, i even went as far as spraying freebreeze on me for the trip. all of a sudden, the allergy attacks stopped. freebreeze or other air fresheners don't kill the agent, just covers it up so obviously it was all bullshit.

to end the story (as i feel a pall mall break coming up) i let the person know that i had a pet dander allergy, and since this person had several dogs, that they would have to leave the carpool unless they got rid of their pets, for if i have to adjust my lifestyle choices to appease them, they have to do it for me, or remove themselves for the vanpool.

suddenly they were cured.

i'm all for personal rights and freedoms, as long as whatever someone practices to do doesn't effect the the personal rights and freedoms of others.

if your allergic to everything outside your home, stay home. if you choose to go out don't infringe on what happens outside of your bubble when you have the option not to be there. i don't smoke in restaurants either, as i don't appreciate smoke when i'm eating. but i'm not going to tell someone not to smoke when i know damn well i'm in an establishment that allows it.

to add to the madness, here in PA. they are trying (or may already have) passed a bill that in all public parks smoking will be banned. yes you can have a bbq on a smoke billowing charcoal grill, just don't have a marlboro. have your dog shit on the lawn where i want to have a picnic, just don't spit your chew next to it.

WTF?

time for that pall mall.

I smoked off and on for 15 years, Only seen one person (Big Suzie) eat a double cheesburger from the "Dip" in one hand and smoke a Newport 100 in the other... Damn that was a sight to see.. I had to give them up when they took my Camel Lights and added the self extinguishing mode.. was like smoking a wet soggy ciggerette.. Just not the same anymore... You can smoke if you want.. sure with I could.. Just aint the same.
George of the Jungle

People like to ask me why I smoke.

I reply, "Some people smoke so that others may live". It never actually dawns on them what I'm implying by that statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm all for personal rights and freedoms, as long as whatever someone practices to do doesn't effect the the personal rights and freedoms of others.</div></div>

I agree with that completely. This is my deal: I don't smoke, and I'm not allergic to it. I am sensitive to a lot of scent agents, however, and this includes colognes/perfumes/chemicals... It's not something I can help if I'm here at work and someone walks by me having bathed in their perfume that morning - I start literally choking and trying to breathe. It's not like drowning, it's more like the feeling of getting hit in the face with foam off a good wave while trying to breathe in. Same with the bathrooms here - if the guy cleans with certain chemicals, I can't be in the bathroom because I can't breathe. It's not an allergy - I'm a sensitive guy
wink.gif

I don't think it's fair that I can't go into a grocery store without having cigarette smoke blasted into my face by their lazy ass employees on break smoking right next to the door. If I want to "boycott" this store and go somewhere that doesn't let people do that, I'm gonna drive 35 minutes every time I have to run to the store. I don't think that's fair either. I can't have the windows down on my car on spring days because someone in the car next to me has their cigarette hanging out the window like some tar-filled incense stick.

<span style="font-style: italic">I</span> feel like I have <span style="font-style: italic">my</span> rights violated because I can't f***ing breathe when I get a faceful of smoke, cologne, chemicals, or even fabric softener for Pete's sake. It's speaking out of both sides of your mouth when you say, "If you don't like smoke in public, stay home." How can you say that when, "If smoking in public makes people physically ill, stay home," is equally true? Why is it within people's rights to affect other people with something they may not tolerate or want in their bodies?

Conversely, how far is too far? Do you ban colognes in the workplace? Fifteen inch subwoofers with 2000 watt amps behind them are noise pollution to me. Do you make those illegal? Where does it stop? I can't stand "big government," but I'm also not allowed to go old-school and tell someone that they make me sick when they walk into my office smelling like Lysol-coated funeral home flowers. They get offended and I'm in the wrong. It seems like a no-win battle from all sides.

On topic, I don't see why it's perfectly accepted in public to knowingly distribute cancer-causing chemicals to anyone that happens to be walking by at the moment. Corporations get fined for doing that sort of thing, why is it alright for citizens to do it? Oh well, have at me. /soapbox

The way I look at it is an attack on the owner of the establishment from the government. WHo ever said any parliamentary body anywhere could legislate a business endeveour? If I run a restaurant and bar, I will serve fine food in a place with superb atmosphere and if a guy wants to order steamed muscles, then sit back and enjoy a pour of Woodford's and a nice cigar then that's my right as a business owner. IF you cannot handle smoke, do not like smoking, think it's a health risk, then, well to put it politely,STAY THE F--K OUT OF MY PLACE!
AH, I feel much better after letting that out.
Legislator's Gone Wild, story at 11

You know, there is a way for you to sill do that, the only think you have to do is post a sign that say it is a private restaurant and no open to the public, members only. Now you dont need to have a membership, but that alone lets you say what goes inside whether its smoking cigars or cigaretts. I have a couple of friends that did the same exact thing here in SoKal, and they are still open after 6 years.

Anyone can walk into his place, but the second they complain about the smoke, he tells them this is a member only bar/restaurant, are you a member? then tells them to either sign up or leave. He has had any complaints filed against him and each time nothing could be done about it because it was a private bar/restaurant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I hate!!!!!

An ashtray on the diner table....

can you believe this!?

attach1.jpg

By ssgp2 at 2010-06-06 </div></div>

Ashtray? Where, I don' see no ashtray!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">=sit back and enjoy a pour of Woodford's and a nice cigar then that's my right</div></div>

Did that last night. No one complained. It was great!

I like when the cigarette smokers ask me to put out my cigar. That really seems wrong.

Got to love that guy looking at the blank piece of red paper with his head cocked at an unusual angle...

I looked up the real statistics on smoking vs lung cancer. Cancer rate for non-smokers is about 2 per 1000. Cancer rate for smokers is about 4 per 1000, if there's no radon in your house. And studies on second hand smoke came from a study of spouses of smokers in Europe(small houses, 8+ hours a day exposure to European high tar tobacco) came up with a 1.2 times rate of non-smokers, so that means 2.4 people out of 1000 get lung cancer-- If you live with somebody that smokes Galoise(tastes like cigar tobacco) or such. What crap. Light me up, bro.

this almost makes me want a cigarette even though i quit 6 years ago but i will have a dip instead its just too good to give up.