• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Snakes

jcsguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
McAllen, Texas
Found these snakes at the ranch/ range. Found the coral snake at the 650 yd mark, and the rattler at the ranch gate.

Re: Snakes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camille -MODArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only kind of snake should be a dead snake!</div></div>
I like it said, "the only good snake is a dead snake"

That coral snake may have brought you a hand full of money if you could have caught it. The rattler could be sold also. Some universities buy them for study or milking for anti-venom.

But you have to be a better man than I to f' with them.

Go watch Venom 911 on TV and them you'll know. IT's not the snake it is what they can do to you.

we did end up shooting the coarl snake. shot it with my sons walter P22 right behind the head..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slydwz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are grown men so scared of a little ol' snake? </div></div>

i normally handle them with my hands. very carefully. my son stepped right over it and noticed it after it started rattling.

Saw the pic and said it while clicking on it, just like a few of you all said, red to yellow can kill a fellow.

Eep!

It strikes me as funny that so many fear snakes so intensely and makes me think there is more to it because of the thousands of years humans have died by them. It has become engrained like some sort of instinct...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuppressorJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It strikes me as funny that so many fear snakes so intensely and makes me think there is more to it because of the thousands of years humans have died by them. It has become engrained like some sort of instinct... </div></div>

Damn snake got us kicked out of the Garden of Eden....that and a ditzy blonde named Eve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slydwz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are grown men so scared of a little ol' snake? </div></div>

Cause they are covered in slime.

We only have "Red touches Black- your a friend of Jack" snakes on the WEST SIDE!!!!

I don't like killing snakes unless I have no choice. That said I will only kill a poison snake and never non poisonous. Yes a Coral is deadly deadly but he is also fairly docile and requires the ability to chew on you a bit to deliver his venom....not all that big a threat if you ask me.
I have handled and caught many dozens of snakes of all kinds and have never been bit once. Caught a pair of copperheads once who were sparring for territory, scooped em up and into a bag. Gave them to the local university.
I do not however swim with stingrays....just to be on the safe side.

that king or coral is immune to other snakes venom if im not mistaken. such a shame to kill them when you look at all they do for us.

"The only good snake is a dead snake" I hope to think this line comes from those who are ignorant, but unfortunately I think it stems from stupidity and the drive to feel like a "Macho man"... Pick it up and bite its head off if you must, to shoot it while it slithers away? pretty lame. Yet to travel 650yds to destroy it? I say stay inside and stick to video games guys...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuppressorJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It strikes me as funny that so many fear snakes so intensely and makes me think there is more to it because of the thousands of years humans have died by them. It has become engrained like some sort of instinct... </div></div>

Damn snake got us kicked out of the Garden of Eden....that and a ditzy blonde named Eve </div></div>

The way things are going I'm thinking it was Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve
laugh.gif

Nice snakes.

My daughter stumbled on this one in Grants Pass, Oregon:
url]

url]

Here's a fun fact: Coral snake antivenin was only produced in a lab in South Florida up until a few years ago. The current supply is/has reached its expiration date and the lab that was making it went under. In other words, there is no ready supply of Coral snake anti juice. Soooo KILL IT WITH FIRE FROM SPACE!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go watch Venom 911 on TV and them you'll know. IT's not the snake it is what they can do to you. </div></div>

Well crap, everyone knows that. Don't f*ck with him, he won't f*ck with you. I've handled snakes since I was a little boy, I just steer clear of the venomous ones! Plus they all perform a much needed service with rats.

I have a 5x7x4" box filled with western diamondback rattles. Not my favorite animal.

With non-venomous snakes I let them go. Just don't like the idea of leaving a venomous snake in my immediate area, especially if I'm going to be walking around or doing work in the same place.

Arcticlight, I almost asked you if you'd ever been to Portland, OR with your Adam and Steve comment and then realized you ARE from the Pacific NW. It sure makes you wonder up here. Talking about fear of snakes... Didn't Satan first manifest as a snake? I probably would have shot them, then took the photos.

I'll kill a rattler if it fights without rattling. Those are dangerous. I think some rattlers have learned that rattling will get them killed by the city folk type.
If it is a normal rattler I will scoop it up and relocate it elsewhere where it won't be bothered unless it gives me a hard time, then it dies.

I can't think of a reason to kill a timid coral snake.

Though I love to hunt, I still care a great deal for wildlife and don't get freaked out easily by it.

I live in Florida but never.....ever.....see anything poisonous where I live. Just a couple of black racers in the yard since we moved here from NH. Personally I don't care for snakes whatsoever but won't harm the non-venomous snakes. If I ever do see a water moccasin, coral, or rattler in our yard it will be introduced to my R870 and will be disposed of immediately. I won't take any chances that my family or our dog could be harmed and I won't pay some trapper $190 to come remove them. Off with their heads!

I have a simple policy on killing only dangerous / venomous snakes. It goes like this..... ALL snakes are dangerous and venomous ! I live in Oklahoma...we have several rattle snake round ups a year....not happnin !

I haven't seen a coral snake in a long time , jcguns your down there were I grew up,I lived in Alice,TX and my grandparents lived in La Gloria

hey everyone
truth of the matter is that we have a range at our ranch were my two boys james 15 years old and brian age 11, are learning to shoot long range. they are the ones that set up the targets and steel plates up to 850 yds. NO snake is worth my boys getting bit and having serious injuries.
We do not go out looking for the snakes to kill, these happen to be too close to my kids.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drglock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen a coral snake in a long time , jcguns your down there were I grew up,I lived in Alice,TX and my grandparents lived in La Gloria </div></div>

Cool this ranch is in San Isidro.

Damn rattlesnakes are thick like curls on a whore right now around atoka public hunting area! Just walk around at night! We saw almost 20 last week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go watch Venom 911 on TV and them you'll know. IT's not the snake it is what they can do to you. </div></div>

This^^.

I used to have one as a pet (nothing special, just a regular small snake). I fed her once a week with live frogs.

Damn snake got us kicked out of the Garden of Eden....that and a ditzy blonde named Eve[/quote]

Who said she was blonde?