• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Snapped off the podlock handle

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
getting some trigger time today in the cold and dumped my rifle into my field expedient rest and snapped the podlock handle off like twig. damn it! does anyone make a handle out of alumminum or anything?

tia

Re: Snapped off the podlock handle

30's not that bad really. i don't know...must have just been right in the weak spot. i am sure the usmc must be breaking them too considering they are beating stuff far harder than i am these days.

After I adjust the tension on the PodLoc, I pull back on the handle to release the gearing, and move the handle until it rests up against the bottom of the stock. That pretty much eliminates any risk of breaking the handle.

i know...i do too usually. one of those times when murphy showed up

dgunn,

If your hardware is a KMW kit and not one of the brand Xs, you have direct support via the maker. Per the packaging that came with your Pod-Loc, that kit has a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Contact KMW by sending your particulars to [email protected] and you will have a replacement handle assembly on the way.

I am sorry that your lever failed but it did what it was designed to do. When the kit was being developed in 1999/2000, several lever materials were tried. It was found that a metal lever could bend the center pivot rod of the bipod or break it altogether if your rig took a whack on the lever or the lever snagged on something during movement. The synthetic levers were found to flex enough to absorb most impacts or get rid of many snags without damaging the bipod. Worst case is that the lever would break without trashing the inner workings of the bipod like a metal lever would.

Most users will also "park" the lever to one side or another after adjusting the tension. This tends to keep the lever closer to the stock and out of the way better.

I apologize for your inconvenience but the kit worked as intended. Contact per the above to resolve your problem and thank you for using our kit.

^ That's why I love this site (...and my PodLoc
wink.gif
).

some things never change , and it's good to see that they don't

i was in your shoes three years ago and that is the same response
i received then from Terry Cross too !

which mystifies me when people buy a knock off of the pod-loc, to save $10, but most certainly don't get the customer support
that comes with the POD-LOC

I move mine off to the side to avoid this situation. What you have done is known as "user error". In this situation some companies will tell you to pound sand for being such a tool. Some companies might feel pity for you and replace the item at no expense to your sorry self. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I move mine off to the side to avoid this situation. What you have done is known as "user error". In this situation some companies will tell you to pound sand for being such a tool. Some companies might feel pity for you and replace the item at no expense to your sorry self. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. </div></div>

You didn't bother reading any of the posts in this thread other than the first one did you? Check Terry's response re:"User error" and "pity" for the op's "sorry self".........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crossgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In case your still looking for something different.
http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/ProductL...ategory=Bi-pods </div></div>

Thanks for posting that link. I'm all about choices and having alternatives.

There are several individuals out there that have decided to make a similar kit to the Pod-Loc and sell at a lower price. Most can offer the lower price because the kit does not include what the Pod-Loc kit does and/or is not produced with 100% U.S. components. T-nuts and MidWay USA are two that come to mind. Both use all or some imported components to keep their cost down. I know what those costs are and believe me, they aren't sharing any of the savings with you.

MidWay purchasing department even asked for a sample of our kit and a price quote. Within a couple of months of recieving both, MidWay had a new bipod kit in their catalog. Go figure.

Out of all the places that have decided to copy the KMW kit, the ADCO offering is the most "in your face" copy. ADCO ordered some of our kits in the past. Shortly thereafter, they started to offer a copy of our kit that even includes a machined spacer/dustcover, just like mine.. . . .

I have no patent on this kit because of expense on the front end and expense on the back end trying to deal with trespassers. At the time, it was open for patent and in hindsite, I guess I could have done so. The result would have been a $50.00 kit to pay for legal expenses and a lot of business hassle for me either way.

I cannot deny it would be possible for someone to independently come up with a similar fix to the Harris-S problem, but I definitely have no problem saying that buying one of my kits and directly copying it is chicken shit. That is exactly what ADCO has done.

terry,

first, let me say you are a stand up guy with a great product. i don't blame the failure on the product at all. it was my fault and shit happens. as a matter of fact i went ahead and ordered a new kmw pod-loc to replace mine last night. it is a great product and works flawlessly. if you are willing to replace my handle i am grateful for that. i have another bi-pod that needs your kit anyhow. so thank you for your outstanding service and products.

dgunn

Terry

Hope your having a bad day or misreading my post. I thought the intent of this forum was to share factual information and knowledge first. Having said that the original poster, dgunn, who I do not know even though I see we both live in Ohio asked for information regarding a metal type handle which I offered and thought I was helping another member out.

My only knowledge of this product comes from my shooting partner who ironically broke his Pod Loc last week on a barricade in Sean Little's Precision Scoped Rifle 1 class which we attended. He, SubMOA mentioned that it was also his fault and that he found this alternative sold by ADCO. All I was doing was passing on info.

As far as ADCO goes, I do know Steve. I do not work for the guy. I have bought items from him, shot with him and we have ended up in a few of the same schools. That’s all the further our relationship has gone. Retailer and customer.

Let me say that I currently own two of your Pod Locs and am really happy with them. There is no reason to blow smoke up your ass. You know you make some of the finest stuff in the business. As such, I am very impressed with your work and we spoke last week about a Sentinel stock which I would like to order. Thank you for taking the time again to answer all my questions. After our discussion I commented to a few members here how you appeared to be a really genuine guy which I still believe you to be. However I am a bit confused as to why the public beating?

I understand the patent process and all the bull shit that goes along with it. I currently have five US Patents, one pending and five to six more that are currently being written. Having spent the last twenty years in the shooting sports industry, mainly on the Archery and Hunting side, I do feel your patent pain and like you have had it with the cheap shit from China and the places that knock your ideas off and put the money in their pocket.

Whatever the deal between you and ADCO is again your business and nothing I wish to be part of. All I know is they offer a product that has a metal handle by a company called Schuster Manufacturing. I can tell you that after a little searching that I found Schuster is a machine shop in Toledo Ohio. It does seem funny or suspicious after your comment that Schuster is really close to ADCO in proximity.

Sorry if I pissed you off, as that was not my intent, just trying to help another guy out without knowing all the behind the scène facts. I have no knowledge if Steve ripped you off and hope that’s not the case. Like most here, I didn’t realize that the lever was designed as the week link. Great idea!

No sniping here and I will update the profile.

Stay well.

that is a good response crossgun

and Terry's podloc is just one of several examples
over the years here at the Hide , of things being worked out and invented by a member and business owner , ONLY to be ripped off

the TIS sling a while back was another (ABSOLUTELY NOT REFERING TO TAB gear ) as i recall it was Viking Tactics

the POD-LOC is the original - already posted what i think of Terry and KMW his company, they don't get any BETTER

it's a shame

You know what crossgun, you are right. I was out of line. That was harsh and presumptuous on my part. I was typing with my ass over my shoulders and should have eased up on the throttle.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions and blindly throwing a hatchet at you for your post.

Thanks for coming back here and sharing your side. Doing so did make me go back and re-read my post. Have a good week and best of luck with your shooting and business.

Respectfully,

Terry

As I originally stated, genuine and a class act to boot!

No problem, just hurry up and get me a Sentinel so I can start kicking some ass this season!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgunn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">getting some trigger time today in the cold and dumped my rifle into my field expedient rest and snapped the podlock handle off like twig. damn it! does anyone make a handle out of alumminum or anything?

tia </div></div>

Did you also have a Premier Scope on it? I hear those tend to Freeze in cold temperatures also... LMFAO!

Class act Terry.....I own your pod loc as well....Thanks for building great stuff.......SmokeRolls

Well I wish I had known about your replacement policy when I got my new M40A3 in Iraq and had never had a pod loc and being a Marine that couldn't figure it out. I used my leatherman and broke the dad gum thing right off, funny that you didn't make it Marine proof Terry!! ha ha I know how to use them now, and got them on all my rifles, its the only thing I like about bipods.

Lo and behold mine is busted too, email sent to Terry! I don't even know how I did it since I had it parked to the side. User error for sure. Sorry dumbass doesn't even know how to use the gear that was issued to him...