• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Sniper’s Hide Group Buy on the new 4G Intens PVS-14 in White Phosphor

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    MOD Armory is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for the SH community; a group buy for the new 4G Intens night vision in White Phosphor.

Dashboard.jpg
    Runway 2.jpg
    https://www.modarmory.com

Attachments

• image001.jpg
      image001.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 26
    I am extremely interested and have a CC ready to go. I've been looking for an in-stock WP 14 to jump into the NV pool with. For a complete NV newby like myself, what are the differences between this unit and the TNVC unit? Aside from this being in-stock ;) Also, when will these ship? Thanks!

Is this something that would be used mostly as a helmet mounted monocular for NV or mostly as a clipon NV weapon sight? Or is there a practial method of using it in both rolls?

@KentuckyRifle Thank you for your question. These units are in stock and ready to ship the same day. As for what are the differences, the new 4G Intens brand tubes perform 40% better than competitor tubes and are the newest night vision technology available. Please give us a call at 719-325-8070 so we can answer your questions in greater detail. Thank you!

@ diverdon Thanks for your question. This PVS-14 unit will work both ways and is recoil rated for 2.23/5.56. To go from helmet mounted to weapon mounted you'll want a QD mount, we recommend this one... https://www.modarmory.com/product/integrated-components-anpvs-14-ultimate-weapons-mount-uwm/
    Your PVS-14 will be compatible with an Aimpoint or a night vision compatible EOTech. This is good for short range or taking passive shots where you do not want to be shining an IR laser around to giveaway your position. If you're hog hunting it would most likely be more comfortable to have a weapon mounted IR laser and helmet mount your NV. This way you're not sweeping everything while you look around.
    Please call us if you have more questions at 719-325-8070

This is 3 years old. but it was when we were checking out the weapons mounted option at MOD Armory.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VQwBZbFWqHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some stuff has changed but you can see how it is designed to work

Is there any option to just order the bare tubes at a group buy discounted price?

This is 3 years old. but it was when we were checking out the weapons mounted option at MOD Armory.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VQwBZbFWqHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some stuff has changed but you can see how it is designed to work

Wish they ran a special on these instead, more versatile being 308 recoil rated.

So, I have one of these in the Mod3 housing, and it's a pretty nice tube.

What I like about this tube is that the white phosphor version produced by Photonis is more blue and easier on the eyeballs. That means slightly better than the L3, and especially, Harris/ITT WP tubes when transitioning to darkness. Also, the eye fatigue seems to be reduced...

According to the folks evaluating these tubes, a 2000 FOM Intens tube compared to a 2000 FOM L3 tube will have about 9%-20% better sensitivity due to its extended Ir spectrum capibilites.

So you need to compare apples to apples... also, L3 seems to be exaggerating their tube data, interestingly, by about ~20%.

At the moment, I think the Intens tubes are a great deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and the highlight features are quite nice on the Intens tubes. I'd rather have an RC tube that was not MilSpec, but high end, except they don't make those. So the Intens is probably the best all around tube you can get at the moment. (...and I have L3 unflimed tubes, two other types of Photonis tubes, and some ITT tubes.)

When will MOD answer my three emails about this? Returning $5,000 customer on PVS-14 purchase and zero response. Same goes for TNVC folks btw...no response.

You'd think that spending this kind of money would get a response... :mad:

Update to the folks here that Pete and Vic have now reached out to me via PM...

Yeah, they seem to be good folks… I don't you can't go wrong with either TNVC or I2 Technologies. However, Peter seems to be better about filling you in on what you're buying when you ask technical questions: at least in so far as it doesn't violate any nondisclosure agreements.

Last edited:
    I got mine last friday. Saturday morning about 5am there was some moon but mostly cloudy. Had no issues navigating around on 4 wheeler without any ir. Spotted and killed a ~175lb boar on its maiden run. I haven't put them side by side but my other pvs is a filmed l3 72lp 24.8s/n .9. This one does seem like it's a little brighter given conditions, much less scintilation(spelling?) and much less bloom around ir laser and light sources.

Talked to Nicole a few weeks ago, she had said the 20 they allocated to the group buy were sold. She did offer me a very reasonable deal, and I got my unit this weekend.

I've only been able to get out into the back yard, but the clarity/resolution through the view finder is so much better than the videos being posted. I know everyone always says, the video doesn't capture the real view as well as looking through the tube, but now I can see what people mean.

Very happy with the purchase. And the mod armory team have been very pleasant to deal with.