• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper in need of help

mooreguns

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Bristow, Ok
My friend who just deployed a month or so ago is in need of help. I'm not asking for a hand out for him. I just need ideas on how to get the equipment as cheap as I can get it or is there any groups that may donate some of this stuff? Whatever I can't get donated I'll buy if need be. I asked him if he needed anything and this is what i got as a reply.

"Oh dude that would be great! Well, the Army lost almost all my stuff so I need just about everything to do my job. Mil Dot Master, Spotting scope, range finder, tripod...everything. I know that's way too much to ask for but you asked. haha. Hope everything's well with you."

JT has already mentioned AS.org.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
David Moore

Re: Sniper in need of help

Contact AS, they are always ready to help in anyway they can.

Question, How did the Army lose "his" stuff? Was his gear his personal equipment or issued?

His unit should be issuing everything he needs, assuming he is in a Sniper Section.

KNIGHT I'm not sure. I'm just going off what he sent me as a reply. He is in a reserve unit and has graduated sniper school. I know he was buying a bunch of stuff before he left.

the army lost my shit as well, Im in serious need of pencils and paper clips, maybe a stapler.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooreguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KNIGHT I'm not sure. I'm just going off what he sent me as a reply. He is in a reserve unit and has graduated sniper school. I know he was buying a bunch of stuff before he left. </div></div>

Dont take this the wrong way...

Im sorry to hear about his situation but, is his reserve unit really employing hm as a sniper?

If they are it is their responsibility to supply him with needed equipment. I can understand him needing small items like a MDM, but the fact that they lost his spotting scope raises questions. That should have been shipped with the arms room.

Where is he deployed to?

Afghanistan. They are a scout sniper unit so I imagine so. You don't know me and I don't know you this is why I'm ask for help finding an org to help. I'm not asking anyone for money or equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooreguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Afghanistan. They are a scout sniper unit so I imagine so. You don't know me and I don't know you this is why I'm ask for help finding an org to help. I'm not asking anyone for money or equipment. </div></div>

Your right about one thing..

Tell your friend to get in touch with other units in his AO.

If he really is in need of the equipment they will help him out. Not only can he temp transfer equipment but he can talk to the other SELs and share info about operations in that AO.

Good Luck.

Knight, I just read what I wrote, and I sounded like a Dick. Sorry. Please don't take it that way. I'm typing this up in between stops so I'm trying to type quickly. Thank you for the info sir.