• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Sniper reloaded ???WTF???

desertrat1979

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Southern NV
Well I can see a whole new slew of wingnuts flooding these boards with the un-ending " I wanna be a sniper" mentality.

Saw the preview on my Resident Evil 4 DVD. Topping it all off is Billy Zane. Wonder if he will have Gucci-flage. This is either so new, or so low budget, the DVD is the only preview I can find.

Re: Sniper reloaded ???WTF???

I'm up for watching it! I just want to know when it's going to come out. As far is it bringing out more wanna be snipers, I'm pretty sure COD and Airsoft already has them all out.

straight to download
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that genius zane dumped this
xin_3910030210205373181845.jpg

</div></div>

Hey man.....you never know she could fall into that famous quote of....

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"No matter how hot a woman is....somewhere in the world is a guy who's tired of her shit!!" </span></span>

I'm just saying......
wink.gif

Hehe...I warned you guys about this one months ago. The director is an old colleague of mine and he asked for my help early on because he wanted to honestly try to make it realistic. I walked him through as much as I could on the technology and craft, but the script was obviously written by someone who lacks a background in this stuff, so it falls into the same category as similar sniper films. There were some things that were easy to change and others were just too entrenched, so I like to think it's not as bad as it could be. It was shot in South Africa on a shoestring budget and I like to think they did the best they could but there's only so much you can do.

I don't expect it to be a hit on the Hide but the CoD kids will probably like it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"No matter how hot a woman is....somewhere in the world is a guy who's tired of her shit!!" </span></span> </div></div>

Yes, but that guy never seems to be me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but the script was obviously written by someone who lacks a background in this stuff, so it falls into the same category as similar sniper films. </div></div>

Thanks Brando. Twenty five years behind the trigger and the typewrite ain't worth beans, I guess.

The first one was watchable. I kinda enjoyed it but the last two were unwatchable. They were worse than "SHOOTER" with Mark Wahlberg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks Brando. Twenty five years behind the trigger and the typewrite ain't worth beans, I guess. </div></div>

Not if you're writing military stories. It's like me trying to write a story about the music biz. Sure, I've played instruments for years but if I were to try to tell the story of a band going through its trials and tribulations I'm not the best guy for the job. Why? Because I've never played in a band and all I have to go off of my own experience as a musician and second hand stories I've heard.

Since a couple of you guys have brought up COD, I'll let you in on a big secret. We have a tribute in the next game to the original movie. It has been suggested that while getting ready for a shot, one sniper will ask the other," What would Tom do?" I can't say for sure that it will make it but I'm trying.

That's because you're not a writer.
Military movie's not different from any other movie. (HURT LOCKER 100% "real?")

A writer does research. talks to people like you, reads all he can, goes to Pendleton and interviews snipers, etc., and then writes what the studio and the director wants to make.

By your rules no one would be able to make a movie about something he didn't experience first hand. I wasn't in Tombstone in 1881 -- Guess I shouldn't have written about that either.

And the script isn't the end of it. When I did SAVING JESSICA LYNCH, we had a DOD adviser -- who was Army -- and he wanted the Marines to act like soldiers, because that is what he knew, and in that case the director deferred to him, changing actual facts for the sake of "military realism" And you KNOW that things get changed on the set, when shooting circumstances prevent things, and weapons are not available in certain countries and Studios request specific stupid things because the "Foreign buyers" want it.

But your characterization of my knowledge of this topic is dead wrong. It's a cheap shot at my expense on a film you haven't seen yet -- no one's seen it yet -- so I'm just curious -- why?

BTW my buddy John Milius (APOCALYPSE NOW, RED DAWN, FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER, HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER) spent zero days in uniform, and his mentor, Francis Coppola, wrote a film called PATTON that's just about one of the best war movies ever and I think he wasn't in Europe during WW II...

im sure i'll be watching this when it comes out just for the heck of it. i dont have any high hopes though.
anyone know a release date? info on the film is minimal on the web

We can take this offline if you want specifics, but the point of my original post was to manage expectations and comment on C's obvious desire to get things right. And as I said above, "I like to think they did the best they could".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW my buddy John Milius (APOCALYPSE NOW, RED DAWN, FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER, HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER) spent zero days in uniform, and his mentor, Francis Coppola, wrote a film called PATTON that's just about one of the best war movies ever and I think he wasn't in Europe during WW II...</div></div>

They must have taken and applied the advice they were given by knowledgeable people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's because you're not a writer. </div></div>

Come on. I've actually <span style="font-style: italic">seen</span> one of your movies. As they say, people in glass houses.....

Hahahah! You think we IGNORED your counsel?
Movies are not perfect pieces of military precision.
They are messy collaborations of a HUNDRED crew members.

No need to take it offline.
I posted because you denigrated a movie you haven't seen yet, predisposing the "serious tactical marksmen" of this august website to look upon the film unfavorably.

"Lowering the expectations" -- and therefore lowering the potential audience of a movie I worked on for A YEAR. That I want the member's of Sniper's hide to see, enjoy, laugh at, like, hate whatever -- from their seeing it. Thanks.
Was that to CYA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoundFx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun rider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's because you're not a writer. </div></div>

Come on. I've actually <span style="font-style: italic">seen</span> of your your movies. As they say, people in glass houses..... </div></div>

I meant that clearly he was not a writer because he mischaracterized the process.

And you've seen the SIXTY movies I've made and you think I'm not a writer? Your right to have an opinion. People can criticize anything I've made -- If they've seen it. I was taking Doggtown to the Doghouse for crapping on a movie he hasn't seen yet, and a clear shot at ME.

This has always be a catty site, but this is ridiculous. You think I'd said something bad about GAP rifles!

Actually, I thought my original post was more defensive of the efforts of the filmmakers, seeing how the thread started negatively.

Okay, calm down everyone. Rent the movie when it comes out and we can reconvene then.

I just watched it on a Delta flight last night, but we landed before it finished. If you're bored on a 14 hour flight like I was, it's worth watching. However, I wouldn't recommend spending money on this movie.

Watched it last night. No better than the first three, which means pretty bad. Like the snipers all (apparently) shoot subsonic bullets. You hear the report of the shot, followed by a <span style="font-style: italic">ZING</span>, and finally a <span style="font-weight: bold">SPLAT!</span> Every time a sniper fires.

I especially liked the young Marine letting loose with an M4 but when they cut to the brass falling to his feet, you see a rimmed case (.303 British by the look of it) bouncing around.

As a gauge of just how bad it sucks, there's even a quasi-nude hetero shagging scene ...with no boobage.

IMHO, the movie has only two redeeming values:
1) Raufoss meets (and vaporizes) human cranium after penetrating rock wall
2) The new young Marine hero looks a helluva lot like a 22-yo Tom Berenger

But here's the bad news. Make that the <span style="text-decoration: underline">worst</span> news. It ended with the setup for a whole 'nother series of sequels, all featuring Billy Zane, with Chad Michael Collins as the "new" Sergeant Beckett, son of the old Master Guns Beckett.

I'm watching it right now, I'm about 30 min into it. I'm not looking for an oscar winner here.

That guy has to be related to Berenger.

Is he using a Win 64?

well i got to watch this yesterday and i was really looking foward to it. But really wasnt impressed. Not very much detail spent on the sniper parts. And the shot thru the scope AGAIN, was kinda corny. Glad i didnt have to buy it!

since im known to watch just about any action movie, including the b grades, im sure i'll see this at some point. it cant possibly be worse than sniper 3, but i gotta see it for myself.

i did some searching around though, how in the hell are yall watching this when the release date is the 26th?? links?

It wasn't horrible... Not great, and it seemed pretty short too

Really couldn't stand the part where the rebel kept getting up after each shot with a supposed "Big-Game" rifle

I watched it and while I knew it would suck I was a bit pissed that it did not really have any good shooting scenes. If you are going to make a movie with the word sniper in its name can you at least try and get some good scenes with long range shooting and not the cut together in a Hollywood studio crap

I watched it knowing it was going to be pretty poor ... I was right. My kids liked it but they are into those damn video games that are hardly close to reality anyways. I can't think of a good sniper movie (Enemy at the Gates was good sans the whole love triangle) but I have yet to see one that I would call realistic.

Just watched it last night. I have to agree with everyone here. It was pretty terrible.

This thread reminds me of the Ellen Degenerate joke about people who'll take a sip of some horrible-tasting drink, then say, "<span style="font-style: italic">gawd, this is awful..,</span>" and pass it to a friend and add, "<span style="font-style: italic">...here, taste this.</span>"

This movie is like the disgusting drink we're passing around.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bznsfHZ7Rc8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bznsfHZ7Rc8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The pertinent bit is at 8:10.

It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Have seen much worse. Zane is a twat-waffle though, he needs to NOT be in anymore movies.