• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper's can't hide anymore

Re: Sniper's can't hide anymore

Looks like it should be pretty effective for taking out enemies hiding behind cover. Wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of it thats for sure.

from that measure id suggest running 100y as soon as you hear it fired. looks effective, hope its all its designed to be

I'm curious of why they didnt' make it a 40mm. Then maybe with a bit of additional electronics or sighting systems you could use the Mk19 and M203 or the MGL-140 grenade launcher.

R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still have to locate to destroy. </div></div>

very true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for every measure there is a counter measure</div></div>

This is invariably true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like an airstrike...

Josh </div></div>

Always a joker out there.

Hmm airstrike, 100 grand.

One round with that 5 bucks. And you don't need to call it in, or wait for it.

Does anyone else see a lot of room for error on these things?
What happens when you drop that thing, get that micro-chip scope wet, or dirty inside.
Then there is that smart ammo they were talking about....sounds like a problem waiting to happen there.

Big Army does a buttload of testing as part of the fielding testing procedure.

As technology develops all those things will be more and more of an issue and things to account for.

Locating the enemy applies to everything, whether using a MK84 unguided 2000 pounder or a Tomahawk precision cruise missile.

R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone else see a lot of room for error on these things?
What happens when you drop that thing, get that micro-chip scope wet, or dirty inside.
Then there is that smart ammo they were talking about....sounds like a problem waiting to happen there. </div></div>

Interesting point of view and I agree.

Now how about the laser guided JDAM dropped from 30,000 feet that's supposed to go into a particular window of a building. Now that seems to be working out just fine there.

Point is there's lots of problems waiting to happen with lots of things. That's why they test.

I wouldnt want that in the hands of joe private, a simple mis lase and the rounds going off to soon or way to late. Also it appears that the dope from the lase is adjusted to fuse but it didnt show any adjustment on the retical for trajectory. Looks like alot of variables, but could be pretty handy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledillers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt want that in the hands of joe private, a simple mis lase and the rounds going off to soon or way to late. Also it appears that the dope from the lase is adjusted to fuse but it didnt show any adjustment on the retical for trajectory. Looks like alot of variables, but could be pretty handy </div></div>

Oh absolutely, and while we are at it lets take the rifles, grenades, and rockets away from joe private too. Never know he may have a bad trigger squeeze or throw like a chick that day.

Seriously? There is potential for mishaps with everything.

That thing looks like the shit. Matter of fact I have wood right now.

Looks cool.

Provided they dont get sold to the enemy, and my country doesnt get into a war with the US, im all for it
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone else see a lot of room for error on these things?
Then there is that smart ammo they were talking about....sounds like a problem waiting to happen there. </div></div>

Interesting point of view and I agree.

Now how about the laser guided JDAM dropped from 30,000 feet that's supposed to go into a particular window of a building. Now that seems to be working out just fine there.

Point is there's lots of problems waiting to happen with lots of things. That's why they test. </div></div>Thats a really good point, I never thought about it that way.