• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Sniper's Hide 3-Day Precision, Mifflin Co. Sportsmen's Assn., PA - Sept. 26-28, 2023

I have the lists now, and have been getting the payments

I have a Ohio trip this weekend, will follow up next week with everyone

Thanks 👍
Frank, Just posted that I'm unable to attend this course as I'm moving on to a new job. Really disappointed I can't be there but gotta' work for a living.

Frank, Just posted that I'm unable to attend this course as I'm moving on to a new job. Really disappointed I can't be there but gotta' work for a living.
I’ll take it if Burtsniper doesn’t.

I was a slacker and didn’t sign up early. Have a KGM R30 that won’t be out of jail yet so I’ll have to be in the brake section.

@Lowlight - LMK and I’ll make payment.

Thanks

Reactions: BurtG and Baron23
I’ll take it if Burtsniper doesn’t.

I was a slacker and didn’t sign up early. Have a KGM R30 that won’t be out of jail yet so I’ll have to be in the brake section.

@Lowlight - LMK and I’ll make payment.

Thanks
Burtsniper (love it) is a farmer, I believe, and this would be a very tough time to take off a week.

I'm pretty sure he said as much here:

I can do dec Jan feb or aug

Other than that work takes priority. Crotch goblins aren’t helping

• Love
Reactions: BurtG
Will a .223 shooting 75grs going 28-2900 be alright for the 1000 yard shots or should I borrow another gun from a buddy to bring along? I’m new to long range and have a ton to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpeg
    IMG_0186.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
I am just now finding out about this. I'm in Lancaster, PA. Email sent. Hoping the roster isn't full.

I will be home Monday and will follow up, the day before I left I got the list for here and Ohio I just didn’t want to send stuff out when I was away
Just checking in to see if it's too late to get on the roster. I can only imagine how busy you stay so I just wanted to pop up on your radar. Thanks!!

Give me a day to sort this out, I will send out the email to the list, I just got home last night, I have a travel cold, nothing crazy, just enough to annoy, so it will be about 24 hours

I am sure we will have space for people, I will take the list, see who paid, and then update the roster

Reactions: Palehorse68
Give me a day to sort this out, I will send out the email to the list, I just got home last night, I have a travel cold, nothing crazy, just enough to annoy, so it will be about 24 hours

I am sure we will have space for people, I will take the list, see who paid, and then update the roster
Thanks, hope you feel better soon. Those travel colds suck.

Marc called this morning,

Sounding great and sad to miss everyone In PA

He wanted to remind you all, you need a Taylor was Here, Compromise Bag, to hit the targets up the Hill

Bags are being made and shipped in his absence
Thanks for the update. And I feel certain I speak for everyone in the clinic we miss him too and are very glad that he seems to be well on the way to recovery. If you speak to him again, please do tell him so.

I feel a special bond with Marc as I actually got him to smile last year! Lol. But it was too brief to catch in a pic. Haha

A bit ago, Marc did tell me he had a weaponized math worksheet with multipliers optimized for Mifflin and us shooting uphill at the longer distances.

Did he, by any chance, give that to you along with the student list?

Reactions: Lowlight
Thanks for the update. And I feel certain I speak for everyone in the clinic we miss him too and are very glad that he seems to be well on the way to recovery. If you speak to him again, please do tell him so.

I feel a special bond with Marc as I actually got him to smile last year! Lol. But it was too brief to catch in a pic. Haha

A bit ago, Marc did tell me he had a weaponized math worksheet with multipliers optimized for Mifflin and us shooting uphill at the longer distances.

Did he, by any chance, give that to you along with the student list?
Here is the worksheet

Attachments

• *WEAPONIZED MATH WORKSHEET M.C.S.A..pdf
    86.8 KB · Views: 73
Here is the worksheet
Thanks Nik. I had Marc's revised format...i.e. starting with 200 yd at the bottom instead of at the top to more intuitively reflect what we actually see on the range. But I did not have it with the slightly modified multipliers for going uphill there in PA.

I see there are couple/few tenths knocked off from 600 yds and beyond to account for working up the hill.

Thanks!

Reactions: Nik H
Emails went out,

We are attending this course without Marc, We will have help, I have posted, this the course is still happening

The email to pay went out as well some contact information,
Sent an email regarding an available slot. I live in Lancaster and recently joined that range. I ordered an Answer bag but will place another order for the Compromise. Thank you in advance.

Guys we are all set to move forward, so no worries,

If you spoke to anyone who wasn't 100% sure, let them know, its' all a go

I have the payments, I appreciate the emails,

if you want to attend, were on the waiting list, I believe Marc had a few names, you can register too,

I sent out an e-mail to a few who inquired they are clear to attend.

Guys we are all set to move forward, so no worries,

If you spoke to anyone who wasn't 100% sure, let them know, its' all a go

I have the payments, I appreciate the emails,

if you want to attend, were on the waiting list, I believe Marc had a few names, you can register too,

I sent out an e-mail to a few who inquired they are clear to attend.
I've sent an email to [email protected] (2 Sept & 10 Sept) requesting to get on the roster. Have not received anything bask as of yet. Keeping a close eye on my spam folder just in case. Thank you for allowing last minute add-ons. Very excited about this.

I've sent an email to [email protected] (2 Sept & 10 Sept) requesting to get on the roster. Have not received anything bask as of yet. Keeping a close eye on my spam folder just in case. Thank you for allowing last minute add-ons. Very excited about this.
I believe that Frank answered you in post #182 based on your question in post #181. Seems like there is space.

Go to the link

Select the 3-day option and pay the bill.

You can PM Frank directly and tell him you paid. Post that you paid on this thread as well. Or you can wait until Frank responds to your earlier email.

I believe that Frank answered you in post #182 based on your question in post #181. Seems like there is space.

Go to the link

Select the 3-day option and pay the bill.

You can PM Frank directly and tell him you paid. Post that you paid on this thread as well. Or you can wait until Frank responds to your earlier email.
Thank you for posting this!! I initially went back to the original post and sifted through each page gathering information. Viewing a lot of the info on my phone is probably why I missed seeing the link. If you will be at this training, I owe you a cold beer haha!!

I shot Frank an email seeing if there were openings still since it looks like the original list may have gotten a little chewed up with Marc being out of commission for a little bit.

LOL...if I could have one, I would have one for every rifle but I can't so I spend zero time thinking about it...unlike others.
@Nik H if I make it for the class I'll bring you something to knock down all that noise for the class at least. What threads or mount you got on the front now?

Quick question; the MCS Club seems to be just outside Lewistown, so why stay in State College?

Just want to make sure I'm in the right place.
Well, there is nothing in Lewiston.

We generally like to eat dinner and party in the evening and the hotel at State College makes it easy to do with no driving

Quick question; the MCS Club seems to be just outside Lewistown, so why stay in State College?

Just want to make sure I'm in the right place.
Well that and the first year up there 3 years ago) the Holiday Inn Express in Lewiston wanted something around $400/ night! They aren’t that close to Penn State and it wasn’t a game wknd. We called them and they insisted that was their rate.

The HIE in State College, which of course is close to Penn State, had rates you would expect. We c are glad we went that way insofar, as Nik pointed out, there ain’t not’in in Lewiston.

C u there.

Just re read the email with the required gear and I mis read it originally. Does anyone have a spare rifle data book I could buy off them?

Hi guys, on the plane, heading your way. I plan to be at the Outback around 7PM.

Pen and paper is fine, the databook note was probably a legacy Entry.

we are also at the State College HIE right next to the food.

cheers