• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses SNIPER'S HIDE 3-DAY, TREADPROOF ACADEMY, W. NASHVILLE, 8-10 OCTOBER

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    This has become a Home-Away-From-Home for us. Very comfortable and great food and company.
    3-Day Course in the beautiful hills of Tennessee, just west of Nashville.
    World-Class Instructional Classroom and private range.

Contact: [email protected] or visit TreadProof.com. If it still says 2020, disregard that.
    $1,050 - Payable to the Host. $25 additional fee Fee to join the range for indemnity purposes.

Attachments

• screenshot_433.png
      screenshot_433.png
      2.2 MB · Views: 231
    • Treadproof Info Sheet 2021.pdf
      72.4 KB · Views: 284
    Last edited:
    Please put me on the list for this course. Do I still need to contact the host?

RFI email + hint sent.
    Looks like they are adding a tower. What will be the max engagement range for 2021 (last year was 750+ yards)?
    Looking forward to the class gentlemen.

RFI email + hint sent.
    Looks like they are adding a tower. What will be the max engagement range for 2021 (last year was 750+ yards)?
    Looking forward to the class gentlemen.
    The same, but we incorporate a MOVER to make it more interesting and valuable.

Confirming "I'm in" per our text. Still no email back from Treadproof.

Additions/upgrades to the range listed below. I can only imagine the twisted challenges a MC Sniper Instructor can dream up with these resources.
    • "BOUNDING VALLEY" (expected January 2021): A specialized annex of our flat range, the "Bounding Valley" offers a multiple target engagement alley where students can practice rapid target transitions as well as shoot-and-move techniques - all in a natural valley that presents a scenic but challenging course of fire.
    • "THE BATTLE BUILDING" (expected June 2021): This future addition to our flat range facilities offers our students a multiple angle, two-story shooting platform/course of fire that includes hallways, door entrance/exits, windows and stairway to a second story engagement. The top floor of The Battle Building hosts a shooting platform that simulates a war-torn rooftop complete with a variety of shooting positions and concealment zones to learn from. The Battle Building will be an exciting addition to the range, allowing students to work on movement, attentions to cover/concealment as well as shooting positions — all in a safe, realistic simulated environment.
    • INDOOR "FUNDAMENTALS" RANGE (expected June 2021): Another great future addition to our range offerings, the indoor range will be a flexible-use small scale range component that extends the our ability to train in inclement weather or deep winter cold conditions. Additionally our indoor range will be modular in nature — allowing us to train in simulated "defensive scenarios and environments" complete with real-life effects such as chairs, tables, door frames, hallways, etc.

This has become a Home-Away-From-Home for us. Very comfortable and great food and company.
    3-Day Course in the beautiful hills of Tennessee, just west of Nashville.
    World-Class Instructional Classroom and private range.
    JUST CHECKED - The Host doesn't have this listed yet, so get FIRST CRACK.
    $1,000 - Payable to the Host
    Any update on this? Tried emailing the host
    aswell as registering on their website.

Update: even though the site says 2020 if you go through the purchase process the confirmation email has correct 2021 date.

Last edited:
    Any update on this? Tried emailing the host
    aswell as registering on their website.

Update: even though the site says 2020 if you go through the purchase process the conformation email has correct 2021 date.
    WOW... Press through, guys... Please. This is a ton of fun.

I took this class last October. Treadproof is an awesome facility and an even better family that operates it. Frank and Marc were grade A instructors. I highly suggest taking this course.

Reactions: RG0099
    Snagged a spot! After hearing the latest podcast about maybe only one spot left, I had to!

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    After Action Notes:
    1. Live instructor corrections were big difference from YouTube videos.
    2. All the side conversation and information with personalized answers added time of value.
    3. Whole class getting together every night worth the trip alone.
    4. Glad I ran what I had and came to identify what works or doesn't. More worked than didn't which was reassuring for my frugality.
    5. Indian > arrows.
    6. Chaos drill combining dialing turrets and using reticle was a great learning tool/culmination of skills.
    7. Weaponized math!!
    8. WTF
    9. Individual time to practice/learn specific aspects.
    -Justin

Awesome class. Having read Franks book and spending a lot of time reading and learning on the Hide here can only go so far. The hands on instruction is absolutely essential to putting the online education into practice. Marc and Frank are a well oiled machine of high quality instruction.

As the others have said, the evening gatherings, stories and laughs alone are worth the price of admission.

P.B.F.

T

Last edited:
    Felt like a really fun TDY with the teams.
    The insights and experience of Frank and Marc provided the WHY behind HOW we do things and WHAT gear/training works and doesn't work.
    They have a systematic way of reinforcing the instruction through presentations, demonstration, practice, and Q&A during dinner.
    Like most memorable experiences, getting to know each other, asking more in-depth questions, and sharing experiences while sharing a meal and drinks cemented the knowledge and built connections that will last many years.
    M
    ps. I wished I could have stayed another night for the victory lap, but hope you guys had a chance to give out some cookies.

I'm echoing everything said above about the class. Money and time well spent on quality instruction and valuable knowledge. If you're thinking about taking the class, the answer is "Yes". Here's my personal progress in 3 days:

Drilling my fundamentals with scrutiny and correction > getting there!

Built Fundamental confidence in:
    Using weaponized math to find my dope consistently as I went out further and further
    Using that dope to continue to get consistent hits
    Using the reticle. At range and dynamically, moving quickly (for me)

Understanding where my gear is working well and where I need improvement
    Where I can best spend my money best to get the improvement

Camaraderie of the class
    Generally having each other's back through training
    LOTS of laughs and good times while sharing knowledge

And, trust me, the key to getting your training cert.... Keep your head down on the rifle! :D(y)

-Brian

Built Fundamental confidence in:
    Using weaponized math to find my dope consistently as I went out further and further
    Using that dope to continue to get consistent hits
    Using the reticle. At range and dynamically, moving quickly (for me)

Understanding where my gear is working well and where I need improvement
    Where I can best spend my money best to get the improvement

Camaraderie of the class
    Generally having each other's back through training
    LOTS of laughs and good times while sharing knowledge

And, trust me, the key to getting your training cert.... Keep your head down on the rifle! :D(y)

-Brian
    B60E0923-8119-4735-9F53-197D4BA85B8D.jpeg
    Are you praying in this picture Brian? This was right before the chaos drill 😂

By the time that pic was taken he had already told me to get my sh*! together and moved on to shooter #2. I was getting ready to go back to the 100yd board to re-zero my rifle.

Best I could come up with was that when I slipped my turret and set me Zero Stop to be .5mil down from zero, I slipped the Zero Stop the wrong direction. Hence shooting 1mil high.

Lesson learned: Don't mess with your scope before morning coffee...

I cannot speak highly enough of this class. Instruction was top notch, both in the classroom and on the range. Frank and Marc are obviously very accomplished at teaching this class and work very smoothly together. The material was well thought out and presented in an easy to understand manner. The range was certainly adequate for the skills taught. An added bonus was their ability to provide a moving target, which presented a excellent challenge that was then incorporated into other drills. Perhaps the most useful and unique lesson was instruction on Marc's Weaponized Math, which greatly simplifies gathering DOPE to whatever range is needed.

An additional unexpected bonus were the well arranged evening dinners, which provided not just excellent comradery, but the opportunity to discuss aspects of shooting informally (as well as any other subject of interest to a bunch of guys drinking), with both the instructors and the other students.

If anyone is considering professional instruction, I can highly recommend this class.

I want to thank everyone who attended this class, it was a BLAST!

We enjoyed it from the time we saw guys in a hotel until we retired for the evening. The Dinners were fun, we burned down O'Charley's if there is such a thing. So much so they almost started a fight (O'Charley Staff) to keep others from using our "tables" .

The range definitely works for our classes, wish we had more range to play with, especially since the trees dropped no leaves yet and we lost about an extra 150 yards. The mover is a value-added addition to help bridge the range gap.

Thanks again, it was a long, fast trip, we have very little downtime outside of the 3 days in Louisville for two weeks worth of travel.

FE316323-FB08-4A61-8541-2D97C85E93E1.jpeg
    D5D4A285-33BC-4B73-9E2E-28D756D33DD4.jpeg
    Opeagle A.A.R.

If this is TLDR: take the class. Enough said right there.

This was not my first Precision Rifle Class.
    I’ll just say that I’ve mainly taken classes from former military, and /or law enforcement snipers, some notable others who stay in the shadows. This was my first class in a few years and first with Frank and Marc.

For various reasons I have been away from shooting Precision Rifle much the last few years. I’ve felt some rust creeping in and know that the best way to knock off the rust is under close observation of a trained eye. I’ve read class AARs from Marc and Frank’s classes and decided their visit to Treadproof was the ticket. While I didn’t know a lot about Marc prior to the class, I’ve interacted with Frank on both Snipershide and on the phone in the past. Chullin32 and I started shooting together this year and he was also interested in getting a class under his belt so to the Volunteer state we went.

I left my 308 bolt gun in reserve and used my 224 Valkyrie gas gun. I know the AR needs to be driven a bit different so I wanted to see what I could get out of it while working on my fundamentals. In for a pound….. The Valk was up for the challenge as long as I did my part. No drama from the rifle, the scope or the cartridge. Well, Al may disagree as that brass is super hot when it was bouncing off him on Day two.

Day one classroom, we covered administrative, safety and the basics in some form. It is, after all the fundamentals of marksmanship. Frank and Marc’s presentation flowed well, was informative, and I found solid information throughout. The classroom and building at Treadproof is truly top-notch. Todd, of the Treadproof management team was a gracious host and helped with many things administrative throughout the weekend.

On the range we zeroed rifles and continued working on the fundamentals of marksmanship or as Marc would say hammer forged fundamentals.

At one point Scopes were removed from the rifle, various checks were performed and put back on the rifle to ensure scope and shooter set up was correct.

Day two, we reconfirmed zeros and continued gathering data by using weaponized math. We were limited under 700 yard targets, but the small size of the plates made up for the shorter distance. All the while we were under the watchful eye of Marc and assisted by Frank on a spotting scope so good you could see tomorrow with it. There were other drills and skills taught and utilized. We shot off tripods utilizing various rests. We had time at the end of the day for more one on one instruction and time to ask questions and receive thoughtful answers.

Day three included the moving target presentation, as well as the time to shoot the moving target. We used reticle holdovers and continued to practice those hammer forged fundamentals. We did a few more drills like moving chaos where engaged the mover with correct dope, then used hold unders and hold overs to engage targets at various distances using only the reticle. We had some free time to challenge ourselves and obtain more one on one instruction before shooting the final evaluation.

I’m purposely leaving out things as to not give away the course outline, the above is a summation of how we spent the three days and it may help someone decide to take a class. I could have something listed out of order but you get the idea.

We had high participation in the after hours fun. Having the restaurant a short walk from the hotel sure was convenient and also facilitated the after class fun. The group dynamic was great and I had a ton of fun.

A few notes:
    A shooting mat not packed is often able to be borrowed
    You should favor left when close to red paint cans
    The cold water in your cooler can be a lifesaver
    Have spare parts, rings in this case, someone always needs something
    A suppressor cover can be launched 30 yards
    Brothers from Georgia will make you laugh all night

Jeremy

A few notes:

Jeremy
    A few things to add to your notes:
    Open your fn scope caps!
    Always set the parking brake....

• Haha
    Reactions: brifish and Bro Mo
    View attachment 7720529View attachment 7720530Opeagle A.A.R.

If this is TLDR: take the class. Enough said right there.

This was not my first Precision Rifle Class.
    I’ll just say that I’ve mainly taken classes from former military, and /or law enforcement snipers, some notable others who stay in the shadows. This was my first class in a few years and first with Frank and Marc.

For various reasons I have been away from shooting Precision Rifle much the last few years. I’ve felt some rust creeping in and know that the best way to knock off the rust is under close observation of a trained eye. I’ve read class AARs from Marc and Frank’s classes and decided their visit to Treadproof was the ticket. While I didn’t know a lot about Marc prior to the class, I’ve interacted with Frank on both Snipershide and on the phone in the past. Chullin32 and I started shooting together this year and he was also interested in getting a class under his belt so to the Volunteer state we went.

I left my 308 bolt gun in reserve and used my 224 Valkyrie gas gun. I know the AR needs to be driven a bit different so I wanted to see what I could get out of it while working on my fundamentals. In for a pound….. The Valk was up for the challenge as long as I did my part. No drama from the rifle, the scope or the cartridge. Well, Al may disagree as that brass is super hot when it was bouncing off him on Day two.

Day one classroom, we covered administrative, safety and the basics in some form. It is, after all the fundamentals of marksmanship. Frank and Marc’s presentation flowed well, was informative, and I found solid information throughout. The classroom and building at Treadproof is truly top-notch. Todd, of the Treadproof management team was a gracious host and helped with many things administrative throughout the weekend.

On the range we zeroed rifles and continued working on the fundamentals of marksmanship or as Marc would say hammer forged fundamentals.

At one point Scopes were removed from the rifle, various checks were performed and put back on the rifle to ensure scope and shooter set up was correct.

Day two, we reconfirmed zeros and continued gathering data by using weaponized math. We were limited under 700 yard targets, but the small size of the plates made up for the shorter distance. All the while we were under the watchful eye of Marc and assisted by Frank on a spotting scope so good you could see tomorrow with it. There were other drills and skills taught and utilized. We shot off tripods utilizing various rests. We had time at the end of the day for more one on one instruction and time to ask questions and receive thoughtful answers.

Day three included the moving target presentation, as well as the time to shoot the moving target. We used reticle holdovers and continued to practice those hammer forged fundamentals. We did a few more drills like moving chaos where engaged the mover with correct dope, then used hold unders and hold overs to engage targets at various distances using only the reticle. We had some free time to challenge ourselves and obtain more one on one instruction before shooting the final evaluation.

I’m purposely leaving out things as to not give away the course outline, the above is a summation of how we spent the three days and it may help someone decide to take a class. I could have something listed out of order but you get the idea.

We had high participation in the after hours fun. Having the restaurant a short walk from the hotel sure was convenient and also facilitated the after class fun. The group dynamic was great and I had a ton of fun.

A few notes:

Jeremy
    Fantastic recap, Jeremy. Your notes are 100% right on. I'll send you a picture of my mat hanging on the wall in my garage, once I've road-tripped back across the country! :ROFLMAO:

@chzhd how about an update on that paint job? Get it cleaned up???

Im getting in a little dry fire practice standing today... Gotta stay sharp so Taylor doesn't have to yell at me so much next time 😂 press break freeze
    View attachment 7722186
    Working on it. Carnauba wax takes it off but requires a lot of elbow grease but I can us a buffing wheel. Wax & Grease remover works faster but you have to use a towel to wipe it off so more labor intensive. I have been doing a section a day between dryfire practice sessions.

Wax on, Wax off...

T

Fantastic recap, Jeremy. Your notes are 100% right on. I'll send you a picture of my mat hanging on the wall in my garage, once I've road-tripped back across the country! :ROFLMAO:
    Rolled into home late last night. Road trip complete! Just so you don't worry, I found my mat (and BOTH rear bags that I wanted to put to the test) hanging safely on my wall, in my garage! :ROFLMAO: Doh! Thanks again for having my back! (y) Now... I can actually put them to the test with my experience from class!

Attachments

• BsMatOnWall.jpg
      BsMatOnWall.jpg
      359.7 KB · Views: 63