• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Sniper's Hide Community Update*

You guys act as if you can just flip a switch and things happen,

This entire FORUM Is getting changed... everything will be different

You cannot put an random expiration date on posts, you have to manually go in and prune them, there are checks and balances behind the scene, nothing is just automatic without writing scripts that have the potential to glitch and then break stuff,

Stop trying to tell me how to do this, once it's done, we can adjust things, but your ideas have been thought of already, we hire people that do this stuff for a reason, this is more than a $50k upgrade happening here.

tell me how to run things is never a good idea

Mess up from Scout, LOL really you want to go there,

Nothing messed up when changing from UBB to vBulletin or vBulletin to XF, it was the Scout stuff that actually had nothing to do with here vs there as they were two completely different websites and systems, this site never moved, it changed software versions but nothing moved, we just turned it off and put it in archive mode. No data was changed in that move, except when we came we switched from vBulletin to XF, that was the only change. The format, which can and will break some things that is it.

The content, WRITE NEW CONTENT

Shit has changed this is a fucking forum, it's mean to grow and modify over time, shit that was written in 2012 is probably not valid anymore. Sure you might find some interesting historical conversations, but let's be honest, a lot of the data is changing., We are adjusting how we do business, so much of that data is out of date beyond the nostalgia of it.

Stop being alarmist and stop acting like you have a clue how to run this, why because it is happening without your consent anyway. Once things are in place and we have the foundation down, we can then get opinions on adjustments to make sure it suits the needs of the forum. But until then, you are just gonna piss me off trying to tell me how to run things, it's not your business, it's mine.

Frank, I'm sorry if that came off wrong. I wasn't criticizing the move from Scout, not at all. Just an observation that there was/is some missing content, not an attack on you or the site. I don't pretend to have one iota of how complex a site like this is behind the scenes, so I apologize if it came off presumptuous on my part.

Once things are in place and we have the foundation down, we can then get opinions on adjustments to make sure it suits the needs of the forum
This should be in the first post lol

Also. Love the ability to highlight and quote sections of posts. Going to other forums after living here makes you see how much better this one is ran

You are seeing the donation amount because you made the donation. I just checked on my end and the donation only says undisclosed amount
Haha...oh shit, and I posted a screen shot of it. LOL

I just edited to delete it.

yes, I am an idiot! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: alexj-12
I guess I'm ignorant.
Where do you go to see how to unlock/gain achievements?
If you click on your avatar at the top of the page, in the dropdown menu you'll see an option called achievements. You can see all the achievements and how you earn them on that page!

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.31.24 AM.png

Reactions: alexj-12
While the digital stickers type stuff is great and all, Something that you could consider that might generate a bit more interest in subscriptions, would be something along the lines of what a lot of other folks are doing on their YouTube and various subscription service channels.

Have things like:
Regular weekly / monthly drawings for various gear that was used in reviews, that all the subscribers are automatically entered into.
Personalized help with questions for subscribers,
priority in answering questions,
Worthwhile discount codes for various resellers, that actually help you get something cheaper than you could go out and find it for with a bit of searching.
Branded merchandise and subscriber exclusive branded merchandise.
Site run, subscriber exclusive purchase deals for hard to find or in demand gear (that gets delivered promptly!)
Opt in option for receiving free samples when new companies want to get a product out and get people talking about it.
This is something that we can look into, thanks for the suggestion!

Serious question: Is there a link or other feature where members can make a one-time donation? I have no interest in purchasing a recurring membership, but would be willing to make a donation from time to time. If there's a feature for this kind of thing, please point me to it.

Serious question: Is there a link or other feature where members can make a one-time donation? I have no interest in purchasing a recurring membership, but would be willing to make a donation from time to time. If there's a feature for this kind of thing, please point me to it.

Go to the main forums page and look for this:

Donate.png

Yes there is! If you look in the sidebar on the forum list, you'll see a donation campaign we're running right now.

I see this new “achievements” feature. It shows I have achievements to claim, when I click go view them I have none. I see others are displaying, so it must be some issue on my account. I feel like an “underachiever” hahaha possibly @lowlight can shine some light on the Situation.

I see this new “achievements” feature. It shows I have achievements to claim, when I click go view them I have none. I see others are displaying, so it must be some issue on my account. I feel like an “underachiever” hahaha possibly @lowlight can shine some light on the Situation.
Hey @NorthWesterner! If you click on your profile and then click on the achievements page you'll be able to see the criteria you need to meet in order to earn all of the achievements. Could you take a look and let me know if you've completed any of those tasks, but not received an achievement for it?

Yeah, that just happened in the last hour or so.

Reactions: tnc
Well this is weird. I can only see and get into this thread if it's on top in the "Team Room". If I'm in "The Pit" on PC or phone it doesn't even show. :oops:
You have been discouraged?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
We will be using the leaderboard stats to "reward" members

We get a lot of offers and opportunities, these will be ways to help extend them to the membership

It's another way to look at account too, scammers are not gonna be racking up points,
I’ll send a donation this week! Thanks for your hard work!