• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses SNIPER'S HIDE FRANK AND MARC 2-DAY P.R. CENTRAL PA, SEPT 26-27, 2022

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME LAST YEAR AT MIFFLIN COUNTY SPORTSMEN'S ASSN 1,000 YARD RANGE. SO WE ARE GOING BACK.

GREAT LODGING, FOOD, DRINK AND OUR FAMOUS "HAMMER-FORGED FUNDAMENTALS" PRECISION RIFLE COURSE.
    YOU'LL BE INTRODUCED TO "WEAPONIZED MATH" TO GATHER DATA, AND WILL BE PUT UNDER THE MICROSCOPE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR FUNDAMENTALS.
    WIND AND UPHILL CHALLENGES MAKE THIS A VERY UNIQUE RANGE. LOTS OF STEEL AND A COVERED RANGE IF IT GETS UGLY.
    $750 FOR INSTRUCTION
    $80 RANGE FEES

EMAIL: [email protected] TO BE ROSTERED OR TO REQUEST AN INFO SHEET / SYLLABUS.

Attachments

• 2019 July 17_18 Davis Const APRC (119) 2.JPG
      2019 July 17_18 Davis Const APRC (119) 2.JPG
      369 KB · Views: 222
    • screenshot_364.png
      screenshot_364.png
      65.8 KB · Views: 203
    Unless work schedule changes I won't be able to make this one, but for anyone considering... it's an interesting place to take the class.
    Building at the range for the class, covered line, and it's an impressive incline to the far end of the range. More of an elevation exercise than most ranges around here give you.

Hopefully I can catch you guys at a different east coast stop

Shooting at the 1000yard target that was a few hundred feet higher than the line was a new one for me. It was a great class and great facility.

Unless work schedule changes I won't be able to make this one, but for anyone considering... it's an interesting place to take the class.
    Building at the range for the class, covered line, and it's an impressive incline to the far end of the range. More of an elevation exercise than most ranges around here give you.

Hopefully I can catch you guys at a different east coast stop
    Too bad

I will miss shooting with you

@Enough Said - Hi Marc, I sent an email to be registered for the Sep 26-27 2022 Mifflin clinic. I only wish it was a 3 day clinic.

@Nik H - I know you would miss me desperately if I didn't attend LOL.

@PlinkIt - if you don't come, who am I going to lay there on the line with and talk about it? haha

@GBMaryland - you considering going again?

@Enough Said - Hi Marc, I sent an email to be registered for the Sep 26-27 2022 Mifflin clinic. I only wish it was a 3 day clinic.

@Nik H - I know you would miss me desperately if I didn't attend LOL.

@PlinkIt - if you don't come, who am I going to lay there on the line with and talk about it? haha

@GBMaryland - you considering going again?
    Desperately is not quite the word I was looking for....:)

I also would love a 3 day version

• Haha
    Reactions: Baron23
    Anyone got some links to AARs of this class? I’m gear shopping right now, trying to decide upon a Kestrel and whatnot.

Anyone got some links to AARs of this class? I’m gear shopping right now, trying to decide upon a Kestrel and whatnot.
    Although I brought a bunch of stuff, you really only need your stick with a bipod, ammo, mat, rear bags, carrying case and a data/notebook. I did bring a tripod and spotter. I used the tripod when it was pouring and Frank and Marc gave us some instruction. I had my Kestrel but didn't really use it. You will learn and use the weaponized math principals so I would brush up on that unless you know it well.

Make sure your bipod has some long legs. I would also bring a couple of short boards to put your bipod on for extra elevation as the 1,000 yard targets are at an elevation of about 12-14 degrees.

Bring tools to remove and attach your scope and spare screws...ask me how I know.

Leave your liver at home

Last edited:
    Yea I wanted to come even if only as a spectator, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get around work to come anyway
    I also would love a 3 day version
    Just sent the email for the three day course.
    Wait what?!? This is a three day now?!? Yall are killing me! I'm getting out of work one way or another if this turns into a 3day or a pr2 lol
    If I have to schedule catching the covid again lol
    Make sure your bipod has some long legs. I would also bring a couple of short boards to put your bipod on for extra elevation as the 1,000 yard targets are at an elevation of about 12-14 degrees.
    Maybe bring a cinder block... I think some guys had a 2x4 and a 4x4 under theirs
    I'm still tempted to try the tripod up on the front of the rifle
    Leave your liver at home
    Lol

Reactions: Baron23
    Wait what?!? This is a three day now?!? Yall are killing me! I'm getting out of work one way or another if this turns into a 3day or a pr2 lol
    If I have to schedule catching the covid again lol
    The email from Marc refers to the 3 day option.

I'm about to open up the second roster for the 28th-29th and had a thought...
    If you guys can put together a solid-gonna-pay-and-will-be-there group of 14 filled seats, I can convert the second course to a PR2 like Alaska and all you PR1 grads can come back or stay for a PR2.

It's always more fun with "familiar" students who know the flow than it is starting over with a brand new class of students. And the PR2 would ensure that you leave the course with not only a foundation to build upon but having used your data under more challenging conditions than just gathering data. In PR2 we do drills and comp prep as well as building upon your predictable, repeatable precision and accuracy.

What say YOU?

Someone head this up and get me a roster of SOLID 14 and I won't open the other PR1. It will just become a PR2 so you can stay over and train hard.

Taylor

Reactions: ma smith
    Co-(cough, cough) Covid sneaks up on you, but RYE, steamed broccoli and a ribeye from Texas Roadhouse CRUSHES IT.

• Haha
    Reactions: PlinkIt
    Hi guys - since being overly detailed oriented is my super power, and since we had some different versions of dates floating around, I got with Marc by email and got it straight.

Here is the nailed down dates:

1. 26-27 is the PR1. This is Mon-Tue

2. 28-29 is the PR2. This is Wed-Thur

Not sure what happens if they can't find another 4-5 students they need for PR2 class but its still a long way off and I'm sure it will all be sorted out just fine.

Cheers

Reactions: TheOE800
    Hi Marc:

I just sent an email to you. Please register me.

Thanks...

It occurred to me that while many of us took the clinic last year and know where we stay, a PSA on accommodations for new students would be helpful. We stay at the Holiday Inn Express in State College, PA and its outstanding. Very close to the highway for getting to the range and great restaurants within very close walking distance.

Same - email sent, looking for three entries for PR1 / PR2.

Been teaching courses in AK for the last week. Pretty sure I answered both of you. This course is in OVERFLOW status.
    Thanks for your interest.

Taylor

Been teaching courses in AK for the last week. Pretty sure I answered both of you. This course is in OVERFLOW status.
    Thanks for your interest.

Taylor
    See? Now aren’t you glad we convinced you to come to PA? ;-)

I’m looking forward to Sep, taking this course, and catching up w you and Frank again.

I even ordered a set of custom molded, high end, ESP brand, near hearing aid quality amplification, in the ear, shooting hearing protection.

Ain’t going to be no “laying there and talking about it” this year…well, I sort of... kind of... hope so :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    See? Now aren’t you glad we convinced you to come to PA? ;-)

I’m looking forward to Sep, taking this course, and catching up w you and Frank again.

I even ordered a set of custom molded, high end, ESP brand, near hearing aid quality amplification, in the ear, shooting hearing protection.

Ain’t going to be no “laying there and talking about it” this year…well, I sort of... kind of... hope so :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    That is good. I really don't want to hear Marc or Frank yelling to get you to stand up and stop talking

• Love
    Reactions: Enough Said
    I replied to the email, but I'm in for pr1-pr2 all the way

Too many of the group going back not to make it
    As much as i hate to... Just had to send Marc an email taking my name off the list

Unplanned surgery is going to burn up my vacation time for the year

As much as i hate to... Just had to send Marc an email taking my name off the list

Unplanned surgery is going to burn up my vacation time for the year
    Oh man...I'm so sorry to hear you have a surgery coming up and in particular that you will have to miss the clinic. Best of luck with the operation and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

And dang it, I just got a suppressor out of jail AND a brass catcher net....I was going to be so very polite next to you this year and now you've ruined it! haha jk of course LOL

Reactions: PlinkIt
    Sorry to hear that. If there’s an open spot I’d like to jump in on it.

Sorry to hear that. If there’s an open spot I’d like to jump in on it.
    Probably want to email Marc to get on the wait list/get open spot (if he has one)

WE HAD A FANTASTIC TIME LAST YEAR AT MIFFLIN COUNTY SPORTSMEN'S ASSN 1,000 YARD RANGE. SO WE ARE GOING BACK.

GREAT LODGING, FOOD, DRINK AND OUR FAMOUS "HAMMER-FORGED FUNDAMENTALS" PRECISION RIFLE COURSE.
    YOU'LL BE INTRODUCED TO "WEAPONIZED MATH" TO GATHER DATA, AND WILL BE PUT UNDER THE MICROSCOPE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR FUNDAMENTALS.
    WIND AND UPHILL CHALLENGES MAKE THIS A VERY UNIQUE RANGE. LOTS OF STEEL AND A COVERED RANGE IF IT GETS UGLY.
    $750 FOR INSTRUCTION
    $80 RANGE FEES

EMAIL: [email protected] TO BE ROSTERED OR TO REQUEST AN INFO SHEET / SYLLABUS.